This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm losing interest in games. Help me, fellow gamers. Is this a phase?

#1Scarecrow1711Posted 1/20/2013 9:35:58 PM
Same thing has been happening with anime. I just can't get into it anymore. I can just barely sit down and play a game anymore before getting bored. Take Dragon Age 2, the final mission is available yet the game is SO boring I can't bring myself to finish it.

I can't sit down for more than a hour for Assassin's Creed III without getting bored now. I can't bring myself to finish the post game of Pokemon Black 2. I LOVE Borderlands 2 but I can't even bring myself put the disc into the console :/ . I loved the stealth mechanics of Batman Arkham series and Deus Ex: HR but I can't even play 10 minutes of Dishonored without being bored out of my mind. I can't finish the post game of Tales of Graces f. I've been delaying that one for months now.

What's happening? These past few days, I've been sitting in a chair watching Youtube videos and browsing GameFaqs. I'm turning into a lazy bum. Halp like nao pls. This needs to end.
---
HS Beta of Current Events. Official Insecteon of Eevee Corps. Official Insecteon of Pokemon X Board.
#2boredofyouPosted 1/20/2013 9:43:24 PM
Get off gamefaqs and out of your chair. Go do something completely non-game related for a while..

Go chill with some friends, don't even think about gaming for like a month. Then come back as you feel the desire to play return.
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#3Rotary4evaPosted 1/20/2013 9:46:50 PM
You are getting older. That's all.
---
http://sadtrombone.com/
#4Vegeta_YulawPosted 1/20/2013 9:48:12 PM
Play Heavy Rain and it will put you back on the right track.
---
[URL=[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2317711033.png[/IMG][/URL]
#5Scarecrow1711(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:48:41 PM
boredofyou posted...
Get off gamefaqs and out of your chair. Go do something completely non-game related for a while..

Go chill with some friends, don't even think about gaming for like a month. Then come back as you feel the desire to play return.

It's too cold to chill with friends. Plus, my friends like to play CoD all day long :/ . There's almost nothing else to do but video games, anime, and internet and I've lost interest in two of those.
---
HS Beta of Current Events. Official Insecteon of Eevee Corps. Official Insecteon of Pokemon X Board.
#6viajarvPosted 1/20/2013 9:49:21 PM
Well AC3 and DAO2 aren't great games anyways
#7RomanBlade00Posted 1/20/2013 9:50:10 PM
No, it's not a phase. It's AIDS.
---
PSN: romanblade86
#8Scarecrow1711(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:51:08 PM
Rotary4eva posted...
You are getting older. That's all.

Sadly...
---
#9mogar002Posted 1/20/2013 9:51:17 PM
Why make a topic exactly like this on the anime board?
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#10ninjakrakenPosted 1/20/2013 9:51:53 PM
Scarecrow1711 posted...
boredofyou posted...

It's too cold to chill with friends. Plus, my friends like to play CoD all day long :/ . There's almost nothing else to do but video games, anime, and internet and I've lost interest in two of those.

I suppose you might need to find new hobbies. I have way too much to do and less time to do it in. I've grown to like gaming even more, though I don't play them nearly as much as I did while at school/uni.
---
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith