This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bold prediction: Capcom will change Megaman

#11brycemorrPosted 1/21/2013 12:59:19 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
Capcom no longer has the rights to make Megaman I believe. Keiji Inafune has the rights and is Megamans creator. He currently working with Sony for Soul Sacrifice. If any is going to make a new Megaman game it just might very well come from Sony.

Um, no.

Um yes Japanese copyright laws state that If a creator of a character/franchise leaves a company to work for a different company the rights of said character/franchise go to the creator not the publishing company.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#12DocDeliciousPosted 1/21/2013 1:06:17 AM(edited)
It will be fully 3D. Dark, gritty futuristic design (thinking Blade Runner with less color). It will be open-world and play like a cross between inFamous and Deus Ex:HR. Megaman's "armor" will be steel blue and have blue neon s*** running through it. They'll turn him into a cyborg with one glowing blue eye so he can use some kind of "Instinct" mechanic. Rush will be a cyborg German Shepard. He has to craft all his bombs (a la AC:Rev...but bigger). It will have heavy political overtones featuring the media labeling Megaman as a terrorist. Protoman will be offered as a paid downloadable costume. Some other s***.

And that's all I've got off the top of my head.

Sad part?
I'd play it.
---
DmC, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, Mass Effect Trilogy, Disgaea, Valkyria Chronicles, King's Field, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU, Chrono Cross
PSN: DocDelicious
#13ZombiDeadZombiPosted 1/21/2013 1:10:05 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
It's going to be a FPS featuring bad box art Megman. Using Unreal Engine and having tacked on MP and $15 map packs and half of the characters will be locked on disc DLC.

And then they'll release a Gold version 3 months later....

I have no problem with this. i wouldn't buy the map packs or the DLC, but an FPS with BBM?

Yes please.

I think it could be a quirky game with tons of humor thrown in, and it would probably sell pretty damn good if made/marketed right.
#14656stoogePosted 1/21/2013 1:11:05 AM
I'd love a 3D Mega Man similar to Dark Souls.

*Open world with the bosses tucked into each corner.
*Hard as hell.
*3D platforming but with very few bottemless pits and most tricky sections for optional items/gear. (to compensate for how much harder 3D platforming is)
*Ability to create a shooting focused, traditional MM, or a hand to hand focused one similar to Zero.
*Persistent online where enemies can invade and friends can team up.
*Bright and colourful MM themed levels.
*Hundreds of upgrades including every weapon or amour piece featured in a MM game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#15Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 12:13:17 AM
Megaman with one eye... yea I see that trend in alot of games
#16RomanBlade00Posted 1/22/2013 12:14:45 AM
Emo Mega Man?
---
PSN: romanblade86
#17KaliestoPosted 1/22/2013 12:18:47 AM
I think Sony Entertainment could do Megaman Justice if they get Inafune enough breathing room. I hope Inafune makes at least one last Megaman game to wrap the series up...preferably a bridge to X
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#18Evil_GogetaPosted 1/22/2013 12:23:13 AM
If they change it I see that it`ll be a 3PS mixed with Zelda gameplay (more so than Dash).
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.
#19GenjiRedPosted 1/22/2013 12:31:10 AM(edited)
brycemorr posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Capcom no longer has the rights to make Megaman I believe. Keiji Inafune has the rights and is Megamans creator. He currently working with Sony for Soul Sacrifice. If any is going to make a new Megaman game it just might very well come from Sony.

Um, no.

Um yes Japanese copyright laws state that If a creator of a character/franchise leaves a company to work for a different company the rights of said character/franchise go to the creator not the publishing company.

You obivously do not know how laws or copyrights work. First off Inafune didn't create the Megaman franchise, he co-created the character. Second, unless the character was created collaboratively with Capcom ala Strider, Tenchi wo Kurau, Chaos Legion, or Asura's Wrath, then the franchise would be coorperated IP and credit and permission would be needed and vice versa for the collaborative creators. Therefore when Inafune left Capcom he left everything he created with Capcom.

If you don't believe me, then how if Street Fighter being made when their creators left the company, Ono didn't create the SF franchise. How did Rockman Xover get created yet Inafune, Fujiwara, and Kitamura are all gone? How is Devil May Cry and Resident Evil still going on yet Mikami, Kamiya, and Inaba are all gone? Also Viewtiful Joe and Amaterasu appearing in UMVC3 and the fact that Megaman and Gene appear in Capcom Allstar Every Party (I forget the name, its a ios game).

The reason why we are not seeing a Megaman game is the same reason we are not seeing Breath of Fires, Ghoul'n'Ghosts, Rival Schools, Power Stones, Star Gladiators, Clock Towers, Viewtiful Joes, and any other forgotten Capcom franchises is because most of their fanbases are in Japan and games like Lost Planet, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry and Dead Rising have a more US/EU fanbase and can make more money selling these franchises. I don't like this, but that's just the way Capcom sees things.
---
If you believe in Pikachu, have accepted him as a cute lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#20Evil_GogetaPosted 1/22/2013 12:33:51 AM
GenjiRed posted...
brycemorr posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

Um, no.

You obivously do not know how laws or copyrights work. First off Inafune didn't create the Megaman franchise, he co-created the character. Second, unless the character was created collaboratively with Capcom ala Strider, Tenchi wo Kurau, Chaos Legion, or Asura's Wrath, then the franchise would be coorperated IP and credit and permission would be needed and vice versa for the collaborative creators. Therefore when Inafune left Capcom he left everything he created with Capcom.

If you don't believe me, then how if Street Fighter being made when their creators left the company, Ono didn't create the SF franchise. How did Rockman Xover get created yet Inafune, Fujiwara, and Kitamura are all gone? How is Devil May Cry and Resident Evil still going on yet Mikami, Kamiya, and Inaba are all gone? Also Viewtiful Joe and Amaterasu appearing in UMVC3 and the fact that Megaman and Gene appear in Capcom Allstar Every Party (I forget the name, its a ios game).

The reason why we are not seeing a Megaman game is the same reason we are not seeing Breath of Fires, Ghoul'n'Ghosts, Rival Schools, Power Stones, Star Gladiators, Clock Towers, Viewtiful Joes, and any other forgotten Capcom franchises is because most of their fanbases are in Japan and games like Lost Planet, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry and Dead Rising have a more US/EU fanbase and can make more money selling these franchises. I don't like this, but that's just the way Capcom sees things.

This, look at what Capcom owns in which the creator is no longer with the company.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.