This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final fantasy III is pretty hard for a FF game. (The PSN Version from DS)

#1KaliestoPosted 1/21/2013 2:34:42 AM(edited)
I mean every FF I've played so far had like a normal to moderate level of difficulty with a few cases going hard mode or super hard mode at certain points in the game, but FF-III takes it on a whole level to itself. The beginning to half of the game was fairly ok, but with the lack of save points and rarity of phoenix downs, it made things alot more interesting.

I was kinda pissed I died at World of Darkness when I thought there would be a exit out.

Also some monsters(rather unique for this FF game by the way) and bosses smack me hard despite what level I'm at until I surpass them.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#2badboyPosted 1/21/2013 2:56:27 AM
The final dungeon is the series' most difficult one.
#3Kaliesto(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:01:05 AM
It is hard as hell without a white mage on standby. Onion Knight is useless until lvl 95, then the whole concept becomes useless to use all your skills via Onion Knight.

This FF has to be the hardest I've ever played. I'm still wondering where they came up with all these monsters back then and the names, this FF is unique in the monster department.

At first I thought to myself this FF had like all the original ideas we would all see in later FFs...then I forgot that IV was II in Japan lol. :P
---
#4656stoogePosted 1/21/2013 3:02:41 AM
Is this new, or only on the JAP store?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#5Junpei_StupeiPosted 1/21/2013 3:17:07 AM(edited)
The first three FFs were the hardest.

FF2 is a mess, that's why it was the hardest.
Followed by FF3. You receive too much damage.
FF1 is the 3rd hardest.

My tip would be to sell all your equipment for shurikens, and throw it all away at that sexy final boss:

http://www.nowgamer.com/siteimage/scale/800/600/194727.png

You'll be done with the game anyway.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#6Kaliesto(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:09:18 AM
656stooge posted...
Is this new, or only on the JAP store?

It's been out on the USA PSN, FF-III was released under the radar, and barely got attention.
---
#7Kaliesto(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:13:34 AM
Junpei_Stupei posted...

FF1 is the 3rd hardest.

What I always did was never flee from any battles in FF1 and built myself up, and get all the best equipment I could get in each area, it was a breeze from there until the newly added Dungeons and Chronodia upped the difficulty...and I especially hate Omega Weapon, still a pain in the ass like he always was

FF2 What I did was kept to one weapon style for each character except for your last party member, I usually gave him 2-3 weapon styles. It's usually easy from there as long you keep to a style, and you will be raising hell on everything. Then of course the Bonus dungeon came along, but it was more in the moderate level of difficulty).
---
#8danny_S_06Posted 1/21/2013 3:14:24 AM
It is hard, having a high level healer in the party is an absolute must.

Though when you increase job levels it gets easier as you can do a load of hits in one attack when dual wielding.

Is it definitely the DS version? How do you get Onion Knight and unlock the Iron Giant secret boss without the DS features?
---
PSN: CaptainSellers (UK)
#9Kaliesto(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:16:43 AM
Junpei_Stupei posted...

FF1 is the 3rd hardest.

My tip would be to sell all your equipment for shurikens, and throw it all at that sexy final boss:

http://www.videogamegirlsdb.com/Images/Final_Fantasy/Cloud_of_Darkness/Cloud_Of_Darkness__DFF__09.jpg

You'll be done with the game anyway.

Think it's a shame that final boss never had that much air time until Dissidia.

....not related to this topic, but I really want to see a full-blown out remake of VI despite how much I love VII. Just seeing Kefka in all his glory would be so awesome. I would hate it if I reach 30 years old and nothing happens lol.
---
#10Kaliesto(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:21:20 AM(edited)
danny_S_06 posted...
It is hard, having a high level healer in the party is an absolute must.

Though when you increase job levels it gets easier as you can do a load of hits in one attack when dual wielding.

Is it definitely the DS version? How do you get Onion Knight and unlock the Iron Giant secret boss without the DS features?

There's been alot of speculation, I couldn't give you a proper answer. Yes it's the DS version.
---