This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

which game has the worst frame-rate on PS3?

#31L0ZPosted 1/21/2013 11:37:16 AM(edited)
Dark Souls in Blight Town. That entire level until you get to the swamp is a slideshow
---
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#32ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/21/2013 5:49:53 PM
Redwarz posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Hyperdimension Neptunia. Seems to run at <15 lol

Mk. 2 and Mugen Souls aren't any better. NIS is really bad at optimizing the games don't have great graphics either.

Haven't played Mugen Souls, but Mk. 2 definitely runs much better than the first. Which isn't saying much, of course...
#33bigdeezPosted 1/21/2013 6:08:57 PM
Dragon Age Origins
Mass Effect 1
Homefront
#34LionheartCJPosted 1/21/2013 6:40:00 PM
WWE12 and 13 have some pretty nasty dips

Infact if you use the camera angles on WWE13 it slows the game down alot, reasons like this are why THQ have gone down the crapper i suppose lol
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSWXqC7Dlhs - The Legend Of Don Piano
#35Brocken_JrPosted 1/21/2013 6:44:24 PM
656stooge posted...
Silent Hill Downpour. I have it on 360 and it freezes for a second or two every 3 seconds. That isn't an exaggeration by the way. It's literally: Take 3 steps. FREEZE. Take 5 steps. FREEZE.
It only happened when I did every sidequest, but that's hardly acceptable.

And supposedly the PS3 version runs worse.

i got the ps3 version. that does happen and brings the camera all the way to the sky, but it doesnt happen every couple of seconds, it happens every, like, 10 minutes, and sometimes it takes way longer. it happens usually while saving.
---
I retired from boxing with 1 win and 0 losses. My perfect streak lives on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
#36PyroPunkerPosted 1/21/2013 7:11:01 PM
First game I thought of was Dead Rising 2. It made me hate an otherwise good game.

Mass Effect 2 didn't have a bad framerate, but it had a stuttering problem that was very annoying to deal with. Skyrim's framerate was pretty poor as well.
#37RedwarzPosted 1/21/2013 7:11:08 PM
Redwarz posted...
Hyperdimension Neptunia. Seems to run at <15 lol

Mk. 2 and Mugen Souls aren't any better. NIS is really bad at optimizing the games don't have great graphics either.

Haven't played Mugen Souls, but Mk. 2 definitely runs much better than the first. Which isn't saying much, of course...

I would say Mugen Souls is much worse than Mk. 2 the framerate in Mugen Souls drops to single digits sometimes.
---
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
#38stalepie29Posted 1/21/2013 7:17:26 PM
Genji?
#39echa_OnePosted 1/21/2013 7:31:16 PM
Dragon's Age: Origins Ultimate Edition. It has low framerate all throughout the game. The only moment it doesn't is in very very small place (like in the corner in a small room). Auto-save doesn't help, either.

Dragon's Dogma has seriously low framerate when auto-saving after getting/completing quests, too. What's worse is the auto-save cannot be disabled.

Huh, how about that? Both titles start with 'dragon' :p
---
3 things I dislike before a game release:
The wait, the haters and the trolls
#40SoliquidusPosted 1/22/2013 11:11:14 AM
AwesomePS3gamer posted...
Soliquidus posted...
Don't know what game has the lowest frame rate, but Demons Souls has the worst Frame Rate Drops I have experienced in any game This Gen

It has only happened when areas had Black Phantoms around and other enemies as well during PBWT, but it was to the point that it became almost unplayable. There were a few times it happened whilst enemies were swarming around me, and it became really difficult to even discern what was going on and defend myself properly. Thing is, even after killing off all the enemies, the frame rate didn't go back to the default rate at times. I would have to quit the game and load it up again to get back to the default frame rate

Which PS3 do you have? I have a normal Slim and that never happens to me, so is it the fat one?

Normal Slim. I'm pretty sure it is the game, and has nothing to do with the Model.
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing