This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Enough is enough let me unlock something...

#11agrissaPosted 1/21/2013 12:48:18 PM
Just another reason why this gen sucks. Publishers ripping gamers off with a **** pricing model. The saddest thing is that some sheep gamers actually support this.

In the future $60 will get you the title screen only and the rest is DLC.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#12DocDeliciousPosted 1/21/2013 12:59:29 PM
I mean, not to defend such a terrible game but, RE6 is the first RE game where Mercs is available from the beginning (all others you had to beat the campaign first) and you do unlock tons of stuff by playing singleplayer (new Maps) and Mercs (new characters and loadouts). I do agree that the DLC maps are bulls*** though. They're fun but definitely not worth the money (Ada is beastly fun in that subway map though).

But uh, Tales of Graces f is the absolute worst cash cow I have ever seen. The DLC is such a rip-off and there are a f****** s*** ton of them.
---
DmC, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, Mass Effect Trilogy, Disgaea, Valkyria Chronicles, King's Field, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU, Chrono Cross
PSN: DocDelicious
#13cyberkyber(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 1:38:25 AM
Yeah I don't mind buying some DLC like zombies red dead redemption (was worth it in my opinion), but I tell ya when I bought the costume pack for super street fighter 4 I felt like the biggest fool (wasn't about the money just feel like I'm getting ripped off).
#14matty549Posted 1/22/2013 1:44:21 AM
I was even disappointed that the PSN version of mvc2 had all the characters unlocked. I miss buying the characters / stages and feeling like I earned them...

Totally agree with this topic.
#15cyberkyber(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 1:45:17 AM
matty549 posted...
I was even disappointed that the PSN version of mvc2 had all the characters unlocked. I miss buying the characters / stages and feeling like I earned them...

Totally agree with this topic.

Yeah just gives games that longer life
#16LightningSkyPosted 1/22/2013 1:57:02 AM
While I hate DLC unlocks. I don't mind having all the other characters already unlocked in a fighting game. When my friend used to come over and play fighting games, we had to unlock the characters again even though we already finished unlocking them on his PS3. It's a chore to unlock characters in fighting games and only tricks you into thinking the game is more than what it is. In SF IV I believe you had to finish arcade mode for all characters to unlock Seth, who I loved using.
#17Scr3w3dUpPosted 1/22/2013 2:31:10 AM
That is the reason why I'm playing more on my PSP than on my PS3 , there are so many games with so much stuff to unlock and in some cases even free DLC.
---
You were that lonely? You should have children...
You'll never be lonely, plus you get to watch them grow into delicious little angels. - BreakJob
#18Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 1/22/2013 3:32:12 AM
Finally a topic we all agree upon.

The most hated this gen for me is FFXIII. They give you the option to change costumes and fight coliseum battles but never deliver even one single free option. Not a single one. Square Enix has some messed up DLC models too if you look at FFXIII-2 or even better Dissidia 012. Just ridiculous honestly and after buying some of it when it was 50% off I still felt ripped off.

Costumes and Alt Characters for fighting games is the lowest of the low. Before this Gen everything fighting game was unlockable thanks to Tekken. Tekken is the one that really made unlockables something worth fighting for and getting perfect victories. Changing an entire game genre to form DLC around a former standard was ****ty.

Everytime I see that 3 people have rated some DLC I hope that's all it ever sold.
#19doraemonllh1989Posted 1/22/2013 4:16:39 AM
cyberkyber posted...
Any one remember the days where you would accomplish a difficult task and you'd actually unlock something. All we get now are lame trophies and if you want to unlock something you don't need skill you just need cash and a psn account, I find myself less interested to play the game after I completed it, not all games though some still know how it's done

Examples;
Resident evil 6
Mercenaries mode 3 stages available and the rest bought through DLC

Street fighter vs tekken;
Pay for extra characters on a fighting game (what's next 5 dollars for an uppercut)

Asura's wrath;
Real ending on DLC

Yeah I know a lot of capcom games up there.
Anyone know any other culprits?

agree,played re6,no weapon/unlocks rewards for completing hard difficulty?WOOT WOOT

DLC FTW /sarcasm
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#20majin nemesisPosted 1/22/2013 4:52:16 AM
DocDelicious posted...
I mean, not to defend such a terrible game but, RE6 is the first RE game where Mercs is available from the beginning (all others you had to beat the campaign first) and you do unlock tons of stuff by playing singleplayer (new Maps) and Mercs (new characters and loadouts). I do agree that the DLC maps are bulls*** though. They're fun but definitely not worth the money (Ada is beastly fun in that subway map though).

But uh, Tales of Graces f is the absolute worst cash cow I have ever seen. The DLC is such a rip-off and there are a f****** s*** ton of them.

no one is forcing you to buy anything from Tales of Graces F DLC and anything other then costumes can be unlocked by playing the game
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage