This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony says "Why go first" next-gen!!!!

#61UniversquallPosted 1/21/2013 2:10:07 PM
It's early here. The PS5 obviously. Wouldn't even matter if it was deliberately faulty. Increased marketshare :)
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#62methosagainPosted 1/21/2013 2:10:28 PM
bigdeez posted...
I don't see why these two company's can't talk to each other. Hear me out first.
MS is rumored to have blu-ray in the new Xbox. Who owns "blu-ray"? Sony!! So that means they did have to agree on something to get the patten on the new Xbox . So if they both conspired together they could make to similar console that just have different exclusives........right?

LOL people still believe Sony owns BD? How cute.
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#63ShineboxerPosted 1/21/2013 2:15:42 PM(edited)
Sony pays Microsoft, not the other way around.

Sony always wins baby.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#64deathsaber79Posted 1/21/2013 2:15:31 PM
That was just a cute, if not meaningless comment for Kaz to make.

In the end, he probably just said it because it predictably made headlines which = even more hype for PS4. At this point, all of the specs have been decided and orders are going out for manufacturing and requision of parts & components needed.

Besides, he is just talking about the announcement of the thing, not its actual release. Christmas 2013 is set in stone. Most of Sony's first party devs basically have gone a year or more now with no projects announced- this is because they are all working on PS4 projects now and can't announce them until the console itself is introduced. Sony is NOT planning on eking out 2014 on PS3 with next to nothing coming while MS hogs the limelight with a new console and Nintendo is announcing all of their big gun franchises arriving on Wii U all year.

As for this announcement- its been speculated that both Sony & ms MIGHT use their own event instead of E3 to announcne the new consoles this time around, but make no mistake, we will see both consoles no later than E3, and if we're lucky, even sooner. Plus, sony might enjoy it if MS had their own announcement party and then Sony took all the E3 hype showing off PS4 for the first time
#65FearPotionPosted 1/21/2013 2:27:12 PM
Yup, why go first when 599 PS3 was performing better than WiiU.

It's always best to reveal your cards last. Let MS reveal all their specs. See how they do on the no used games backlash. Then counter-attack it in favor of the consumers. As long as Sony releases the PS4 next to the Nextbox or within a 6 month period, it's over for the competitors. Sony will have the most powerful system and be 1st place again.
#66kcypher2000Posted 1/21/2013 2:33:04 PM
FearPotion posted...

It's always best to reveal your cards last. Let MS reveal all their specs. See how they do on the no used games backlash. Then counter-attack it in favor of the consumers. As long as Sony releases the PS4 next to the Nextbox or within a 6 month period, it's over for the competitors. Sony will have the most powerful system and be 1st place again.

3ds. Nintendo is a price drop away from potentially selling out. I think
The real issue once again is that sony once again plans to play follow the leader. This generation all they did was copy what worked for
Ms or nintendo. The move, trophies, netflix, psn titles, avatars. They need to show initiative for once.
#67ExtremeLightPosted 1/21/2013 2:42:39 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
FearPotion posted...

3ds. Nintendo is a price drop away from potentially selling out. I think
The real issue once again is that sony once again plans to play follow the leader. This generation all they did was copy what worked for
Ms or nintendo. The move, trophies, netflix, psn titles, avatars. They need to show initiative for once.

Of course they copied Netflix which came years later Lmao.But they will I shall promise you.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!