This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamers that play western military shooters are more intellectual

#11ChaingunmasterPosted 1/21/2013 9:48:12 AM
The difference between me and Douglas Adams is that he is considered a genius, and with good reason. When he isn't funny, people get disappointed. I on the other hand, am a hack with the artistic abilities of a five year old- nobody cares if my latest work sucks, because nobody cared in the first place.
Also, I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed that you decided to get personal here, I don't dislike you from what I've read of your posts, and I didn't think you'd go for such a low blow.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#12theatrical_catPosted 1/21/2013 9:51:09 AM
Chaingunmaster posted...
The difference between me and Douglas Adams is that he is considered a genius, and with good reason. When he isn't funny, people get disappointed. I on the other hand, am a hack with the artistic abilities of a five year old- nobody cares if my latest work sucks, because nobody cared in the first place.
Also, I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed that you decided to get personal here, I don't dislike you from what I've read of your posts, and I didn't think you'd go for such a low blow.

You put a link to your web-comic in your signature so that you are advertising it literally every time you post something. You didn't expect someone to bring it up?

I think you're taking this a bit too seriously. You don't think 42 is funny, fine. I think it's hilarious, but whatever. This is all just dicking around on the Internet. It doesn't mean anything.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#13ChaingunmasterPosted 1/21/2013 9:55:20 AM
theatrical_cat posted...
Chaingunmaster posted...

You put a link to your web-comic in your signature so that you are advertising it literally every time you post something. You didn't expect someone to bring it up?

I think you're taking this a bit too seriously. You don't think 42 is funny, fine. I think it's hilarious, but whatever. This is all just dicking around on the Internet. It doesn't mean anything.

If I had any faith that my webcomic didn't suck I wouldn't have taken offense; as it happens I'm pretty thin skinned about it.
Also,as for taking it too seriously- you were the one that got invested enough to get personal. I didn't.
As for 42, I always assumed the joke was on the reader; it was Douglas Adams laughing at his fanbases reaction. I can't say I wouldn't have done something similar if I had setup a joke that big, so I'm guiltyof hypocrisy at least.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88