This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No hype for Dead Space 3?

#31riddlebox89Posted 1/21/2013 2:33:47 PM
ComfortablySad posted...
I'm not hyped at all for Dead Space 3. Why? The co-op. The game won't be scary with a partner.

^ This is a good example of a person seeing the word "coop" then immediately thinking the game is garbage, see how he just says the game is going to be crap with coop without actually researching it first?

The coop is optional, you can play the whole game by yourself without an AI partner, the other guy only appears during coop mode with another human player.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#32elkenPosted 1/21/2013 2:38:22 PM
Pre-ordered already =)
---
Fav Genre: JRPG / Fav Consoles: Sony & Nintendo / Fav Handheld: PSV & 3DS XL
#33TheMcKnightMare(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 2:51:15 PM
elken posted...
Pre-ordered already =)

Nicely done sir! Also... Anyone interested in co-oping feel free to add me... Psn in my sig... Just title the message dead space or something
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightMare
#34RayconPosted 1/21/2013 3:09:08 PM
gjc2007 posted...
This whole deal with "enemies that shoot back" is little more than an excuse to mark the "generic multiplayer" off the development checklist.

This is the main reason I'm not getting it. I enjoyed Dead Space when I was fighting monsters, not more "monster-looking people with guns" nonsense.

And after DS2 so craftily teased us with human enemies and slyly dodged that bullet...
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#35zyrax2301Posted 1/21/2013 3:14:13 PM
Not since I found out about the integrated co-op.

Tell me it's optional all you want, it's obviously a part of the story and co-op doesn't belong in survival horror. I wish they had stuck with the way they did the first one...Issac all alone, no other survivors. There were way too many people alive in DS2, no tension at all.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#36SorvPosted 1/21/2013 4:32:27 PM
I actually enjoyed DS1 and DS2 a whole lot but the coop thing put me off. I never played a game with another person (and never intend to) and the AI "partners" in all games I played were absolute clowns (i.e. garbage).

I didn't know it wasn't forced on you, so I'm glad to read from others that it's just optional. Now I'm definitely going to pick up DS3!
---
---
My page on the best site ever for music freaks: http://rateyourmusic.com/~Razor45
#37RygonPosted 1/21/2013 4:33:54 PM
Multiplayer killed my father.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#38DocDeliciousPosted 1/21/2013 4:49:19 PM
rockyoumonkeys posted...
Same way RE4 ruined the RE series.

Fixed that for you.

Anyway, never really liked Dead Space. It's marketed as a horror game so I went into it expecting a horror game. Really, it's just a shooter. Kind of like Fear or Doom in a sense; the Devs can't differentiate between "gore" and "horror".
---
DmC, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, Mass Effect Trilogy, Disgaea, Valkyria Chronicles, King's Field, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU, Chrono Cross
PSN: DocDelicious
#39lninjasoniclPosted 1/21/2013 4:54:59 PM
It's funny that are so many people who have no idea what the hell they are talking about. In this day and age, there should be no excuse for not knowing information about a game and saying its garbage or not scary or whatever.

I don't understand gamers these days.
---
I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.
#40vanguard29Posted 1/21/2013 5:12:00 PM
DS3 sounds cool to me, but the 1st quarter is too cramped. i care much more about Bioshock, Crysis, and FE:A than DS3.... i might get the tril if they release one. i cant find a new DS1 that is appropriately priced.
---
"Emerge, Entertain, Egress, Escape" (Cop Shows) http://tinyurl.com/copshows link to the poem. By Ethan Cardinal.