This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You just know there will be negative media attention for GTA V

#11mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/21/2013 3:53:55 PM
Crimson Skys posted...
SexySamSosa67 posted...
But this time is different. GTA V is the most realistic sandbox yet, and parents will get scared just by looking at the commercials.

At the end of the commercials they should put, "M RATING = NOT FOR KIDS".

I think they usually say "ratedMformature" at the end of commercials for M rated games. I'm pretty sure, could be wrong though.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#12nonexistingheroPosted 1/21/2013 3:56:53 PM
What GTAV will be about:

You start out with a white guy who just got out of prison. He was locked up when he was 15, because he went on a shooting spree on his school after playing videogames and got locked up with adults for that. But he escaped from prison, to a different city with a new identity. You can do whatever you want. Playing video games in the game will raise your aggressiveness level. Without you'll have low accuracy, power, strength, etc. But play too much, and you'll go out of control and might just grab a weapon to automatically hit or shoot anything nearby. You're free to decide your own playstyle. The final mission will be at a school. Will it end peacefully or in another shootout? That's up to you.

... ... ...yeah, about as lame as it gets.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#13Sevi_neyPosted 1/21/2013 3:58:24 PM
It probably won't get nearly as much negative media attention as it would have if it had come out earlier since GTA has been through this hoop many times now. If GTAV were to be attacked harshly in the media this time, it would probably only serve as a nail in the coffin of a bagged out disconnected argument on violent content in video-games made by people lacking the good sense to attack movies and television simultaneously.
---
as the resurrection of Bill Cosby, relinquish your pudding or perish at the backhand of Bill Cosbyeatindapuddin
#14RoxasANobodyPosted 1/21/2013 4:02:22 PM
Rockstar won't budget on this. The only times they budged was during the Hot Coffee incident and when they were developing GTA IV. IIRC, they took out the ability to pilot airplanes because of the 9/11 incident.
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#15riddlebox89Posted 1/21/2013 4:03:20 PM
justchill433 posted...
I still don't know how GTA doesn't get an AO rating. I mean you can pick up a hooker and then kill her afterwards for the money.

Maybe you should learn what games need to get stamped with an AO rating before saying GTA should have one.

Hell that's like saying the scene with the chick taking a shower in Heavy Rain is a borderline AO rating, which is laughable.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#16LinkinLawgPosted 1/21/2013 4:08:31 PM
With Jack Thompson out of the equation, it won't be as bad.
---
PSN: LinkinLawg
Not changing this sig until I feel like it
#17MerisYakiPosted 1/21/2013 4:13:58 PM
Crimson Skys posted...
SexySamSosa67 posted...
But this time is different. GTA V is the most realistic sandbox yet, and parents will get scared just by looking at the commercials.

17 year olds are kids.
#18justchill433Posted 1/21/2013 4:15:19 PM(edited)
justchill433 posted...
I still don't know how GTA doesn't get an AO rating. I mean you can pick up a hooker and then kill her afterwards for the money.

Maybe you should learn what games need to get stamped with an AO rating before saying GTA should have one.

Hell that's like saying the scene with the chick taking a shower in Heavy Rain is a borderline AO rating, which is laughable.

I know that Manhunt 2 originally got an AO rating and I've seen worse in GTA. Didn't Conker's Bad Fur Day have it too before they changed it? Anyways, the ESRB system is broken. AO means death since most stores won't carry it, but GTA really isn't a game kids should play.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#19gtaking5Posted 1/21/2013 4:15:45 PM
Rockstar won't budget on this. The only times they budged was during the Hot Coffee incident and when they were developing GTA IV. IIRC, they took out the ability to pilot airplanes because of the 9/11 incident.

Actually 9/11 had nothing, or very little to do with the planes, but the size of the map. A few months ago(I think November) Dan Houser confirmed this.

In todays age the only thing that will give a game an AO rating is visible sex. No not the kind in GTA IV with hookers, but actual penetration being shown. Other than that, it'll 99% of the time get an M rating instead of an AO.

mrhappyguy12345 posted...
Crimson Skys posted...
It happens everytime Rockstar releases a game. I remember they did it with Bully even though there was no extreme violence whatsoever in that game.

Even rdr and mp3?

I'm sure it did lol.

Red Dead got some backlash from some people about the ability to kill animals(I don't think it was PETA). But aside from that it was relatively off the fearmongering radar. Same with MP3. This kinda thing only happens with GTA, Manhunt and Bully. Other R* games are usually safe.
---
Where in the world did the time go? It's where your spirit seems to roam
Like losing faith to our abandon or a empty hallway from a broken home
#20Mr_Big_BossPosted 1/21/2013 4:19:04 PM
SexySamSosa67 posted...

They're still going to buy it for their little precious
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...