This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We need a name for this dark era of gaming.

#11mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/21/2013 4:07:23 PM
You're insane and don't know where to look for decent games. If you don't like consoles, get a gaming pc. With the major jump the indie market has seen in the last 5 years, steam, xbla/Indies, psn games, retail titles, fan made games, pc mods, the 3ds, ds, psp, and psvita etc, all available you have no reason to cry about lack of good games in pretty much every genre.

There are more games out there than what you see on tv commercials, just open your eyes and look around.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#12MerisYakiPosted 1/21/2013 4:07:44 PM
Amateur hour. Many companies went out of business, all those half-arsed HD games, casualized games, selling out to frat gamers, butchered split screen, washed out colors, DLC, etc.

You knew this gen was going to be crap when Oblivion got GOTY.
#13methosagainPosted 1/21/2013 4:09:50 PM
Sevi_ney posted...
dude 2013 is going to be better than 2011 and 2012

i don't know what you're talking about. keep sucking your Nostalgia-popsickle

Gaming is on a sharp decline, its not just nostalgia, declining sales and dev after dev dieing are enough evidence of that
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#14ozranPosted 1/21/2013 4:10:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VbOHvaPRc
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#15mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/21/2013 4:12:21 PM
methosagain posted...
Sevi_ney posted...

Gaming is on a sharp decline, its not just nostalgia, declining sales and dev after dev dieing are enough evidence of that

Actually the market is expanding and evolving. It's never been as large as it is now. As a matter of fact last year the game industry surpassed cinema in total intake. That's not a sign of a declining industry.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#16zyrax2301Posted 1/21/2013 4:12:29 PM
The Early New Years
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#17nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 4:14:27 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
You're insane and don't know where to look for decent games. If you don't like consoles, get a gaming pc. With the major jump the indie market has seen in the last 5 years, steam, xbla/Indies, psn games, retail titles, fan made games, pc mods, the 3ds, ds, psp, and psvita etc, all available you have no reason to cry about lack of good games in pretty much every genre.

There are more games out there than what you see on tv commercials, just open your eyes and look around.

I wasn't complaining about the lack of good games. Quite a few long running franchises have fallen and quite a few gaming experiences are almost nowhere to be found these days. There used to be a ton of superb high quality JRPG's with a ton of great ideas that were executed well, it's pretty sad we've only gotten a handful of those in this generation. The 7th generation started off well for deep, technical hack & slash action games with DMC4, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Bayonetta. These days we have to settle for casual button mashers instead. 3D platfomers? Only a handful.

All of these genres are pretty much dying and if you think there's plenty of good games in every genre, you really do not know anything.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#18DefYouthPosted 1/21/2013 4:14:30 PM
OrangeSchweese posted...
You forgot the Entitled Crybaby Generation

okay, I'll vote for Casualization, since handholding is so pervasive now

Entitled Crybaby Generation gets my vote...not just for gaming but in general.
---
I know that this is vitriol, no solution spleen-venting, but I feel better having screamed, don't you?
#19HolyMcmolyPosted 1/21/2013 4:14:31 PM
Waaahh I didn't get as many JRPG's as I would have liked, so this gen will forever be known as the dark era of gaming. Waaaahhh!

Typical whiny gamefaqs weeaboos.
#20methosagainPosted 1/21/2013 4:14:41 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
methosagain posted...
Sevi_ney posted...

Actually the market is expanding and evolving. It's never been as large as it is now. As a matter of fact last year the game industry surpassed cinema in total intake. That's not a sign of a declining industry.

Industry states other wise

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/video-games-sales-slump-continues-132931552.html
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that