This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help with playstation headset

#1Shaggy2JPosted 1/21/2013 8:41:52 PM
Ive had an official playstation headset for a while now and its been working fine, but I just noticed tonight that it will no longer charge properly. I plug the usb cord into the headset and it turns red to indicate charging but itll stop after a few seconds with the usb cord still in it. Anyone know what could be wrong with this?
---
"Your Majesty----"
"Shut up. Don't beg. I'll puke." Emperor Peony and Jade NUNS2 Melee Battles GameGod2005 PSNID
#2Shaggy2J(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:00:47 PM
bump
---
"Your Majesty----"
"Shut up. Don't beg. I'll puke." Emperor Peony and Jade NUNS2 Melee Battles GameGod2005 PSNID
#3zooknutPosted 1/21/2013 11:01:51 PM
make sure the console is plugged in
#4Shaggy2J(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 2:04:16 AM
bump.
---
"Your Majesty----"
#5Shaggy2J(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 1:51:16 PM
bump
---
"Your Majesty----"
#6Hellraiser555Posted 1/23/2013 1:56:56 PM
Not sure what is wrong. I have always used a USB headset. Never had a problem.
---
Give them nothing, but take from them; everything!
Games at 100%: 18
#7Shaggy2J(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:30:08 AM
bump
---
"Your Majesty----"
#8beebarbPosted 1/24/2013 2:51:14 AM(edited)
It could be that the Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (note: nothing like the single-use lithium batteries people typically buy for a digital camera), is defective or has just run out of charge cycles.

Rechargeable batteries can only be charged so many times before the cells decay and can no longer hold a charge.

Lithium-Ion rechargeable packs may seem convenient (which is why companies like to use them), but when they fail they can be nearly impossible to replace.

Some companies such as phone companies and Nintendo get this right by designing their devices in a way that makes the Lithium-Ion pack user-replaceable.

Sony unfortunately has designed the following devices so the packs are not user replaceable:

Wireless Stereo Headset
PS3 Wireless Controller
PS Move Controller

Unfortunately, I don't know of any repair options to get the battery replaced. You may have to get a new one.

Edit: Sometimes the light going on then immediately going off just means the battery is full. Have you been using it while it's charging, or as it's intended?
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#9BeknessPosted 1/24/2013 2:50:09 AM
How long is "a while now"? Do you have a tech support line you could call? That'd be my first priority tbqh
---
The correct answer was. Only one, Pong, as it was the pinnacle of gaming. - Godly_Goof
#10Shaggy2J(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 1:41:24 PM
beebarb posted...
It could be that the Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (note: nothing like the single-use lithium batteries people typically buy for a digital camera), is defective or has just run out of charge cycles.

Rechargeable batteries can only be charged so many times before the cells decay and can no longer hold a charge.

Lithium-Ion rechargeable packs may seem convenient (which is why companies like to use them), but when they fail they can be nearly impossible to replace.

Some companies such as phone companies and Nintendo get this right by designing their devices in a way that makes the Lithium-Ion pack user-replaceable.

Sony unfortunately has designed the following devices so the packs are not user replaceable:

Wireless Stereo Headset
PS3 Wireless Controller
PS Move Controller

That sounds like its probably what it is. I still have the receipt and box from walmart so Ill just go exchange it. I only bought it a few months ago.
Unfortunately, I don't know of any repair options to get the battery replaced. You may have to get a new one.

Edit: Sometimes the light going on then immediately going off just means the battery is full. Have you been using it while it's charging, or as it's intended?

---
"Your Majesty----"