This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dust 514 eneters open beta today.

#21zerooo0Posted 1/25/2013 10:12:28 AM
Question for those that's in the Beta.

Will I do good if I'm more of a lone wolf type player? I never liked working with a team. Even with my friends I don't like working with them.

Also if I buy say a Shotgun, and I die. Will I still keep that Shotgun when I respawn?
---
CoD>Dog Turd>Gaming Community>GFAQS Community
#22DrunkenJin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:52:57 PM
zerooo0 posted...
Question for those that's in the Beta.

Will I do good if I'm more of a lone wolf type player? I never liked working with a team. Even with my friends I don't like working with them.

Also if I buy say a Shotgun, and I die. Will I still keep that Shotgun when I respawn?

Lone wolfs can do well, but like most games a small squad can do better.

As for shotguns and other weapons, depending on if you buy the BPO(Blue Print Original) or a just a normal weapon, you will lose it when you die.

Weapons and equipment disappear when you die (unless you own the blue print) they can be bought with in game money called ISK which is earned by completing matches.

A standard shotgun cost 4800 isk a pop, and you earn around 150,000-250,000 per match. The militia version cost about 830 isk and is a downgraded version of the started shotgun.
---
XLB: CodyBlues. FC 8054-4057-7024-3905 Animal crossing FC 0603-5159-4579
First person to get it- Azrahai
#23ace_two_maxPosted 1/25/2013 8:35:02 PM
jon davis posted...
Im in the closed beta and its crap, dated as hell graphics, overwrought upgrade system and highly unbalanced between one hit killing high level players and low level players that can barely scratch them.

It's a free game, graphic isn't everything, you need to learn to plan the skills, stupidity isn't rewarded, Oh shock someone with gear they trained to use, vs a player that didn't train their skill and still uses militia gear.

Done now?
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!
#24jon davisPosted 1/27/2013 5:14:33 AM
ace_two_max posted...
jon davis posted...
Im in the closed beta and its crap, dated as hell graphics, overwrought upgrade system and highly unbalanced between one hit killing high level players and low level players that can barely scratch them.

It's a free game, graphic isn't everything, you need to learn to plan the skills, stupidity isn't rewarded, Oh shock someone with gear they trained to use, vs a player that didn't train their skill and still uses militia gear.

Done now?

Yeah thats sure to keep new players interested right?

Spawn "bang one hit kill" spawn "bang one hit kill"
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#25jon davisPosted 1/27/2013 5:15:39 AM
Nth posted...
jon davis posted...
Nth posted...
mogar002 posted...
I'll pass, not into pay 2 win games.

*facepalm*

I'm not even going to try and explain this out to the spedfarms anymore.

Anyway, new trailer for the open beta: http://youtu.be/Xnt1tTlnqfY

Don't do that, don't act like you have something valid to say then hide behind "i can't be bothered saying it"

If you have something to say, then say it.

I've explained it in detail at least twenty times on this very forum. I'm sure a forum search would find one of many instances myself or someone else explaining why it is not pay to win.

Well then, i shouldn't be too hard for you to copy and paste your argument here.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#26DrunkenJin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 11:50:26 PM
Do we have to argue? At the end of the day, its a free game.
---
XLB: CodyBlues. FC 8054-4057-7024-3905 Animal crossing FC 0603-5159-4579
First person to get it- Azrahai
#27calhoun1389Posted 1/28/2013 1:12:34 AM
There's nothing to really say, other than "Why play this mess, when Planetside 2 is out?"

Because Planetside 2 isn't for the PS3, duh.
---
http://digitalmasters.4umotion.com/ Join and make friends.
My Anime List: http://tinyurl.com/c6ylh9y (Updates regularly)
#28midgarPosted 1/28/2013 11:47:28 PM
There's nothing to really say, other than "Why play this mess, when Planetside 2 is out?"

It's not THAT demanding a game for PC, and it doesn't change the fact that Dust still freaking blows.

Defiance will probably end up being better, as well.
---
"The key to happiness is disinterest mingled with mild contempt."
Better living through apathy. If you're into that sort of thing.
#29calhoun1389Posted 1/29/2013 5:25:48 AM

It's not THAT demanding a game for PC, and it doesn't change the fact that Dust still freaking blows.

Will Planetside 2 to run on a 2009 Toshiba laptop which use the Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family and Genuine Intel(R) CPU 585? No? Then I'll stick with Dust 514 which runs on my PS3 flawlessly.

Additionally, Defiance isn't a F2P game. You can't really compare a F2P Beta with a full retail game. Especially one you have not played yet.
---
http://digitalmasters.4umotion.com/ Join and make friends.
My Anime List: http://tinyurl.com/c6ylh9y (Updates regularly)
#30Bottler0cketPosted 1/29/2013 7:02:18 AM
calhoun1389 posted...

Will Planetside 2 to run on a 2009 Toshiba laptop which use the Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family and Genuine Intel(R) CPU 585? No? Then I'll stick with Dust 514 which runs on my PS3 flawlessly.

Additionally, Defiance isn't a F2P game. You can't really compare a F2P Beta with a full retail game. Especially one you have not played yet.

I've just started playing Dust since day one of open Beta, gotta say I really enjoy the game, even if I do just die alot. The ambition, scope and innovation set it apart from other FPS.

However that's not to say it's flawless. I mean it's still in the Beta stage, it can't possibly be flawless. There's some horrendous texture pop in, sometimes I have to log out and log back in to play a game, sometime the lag is just massive (in fairness this has only happened a few times out of the hundred or so of games I've played).

People have to remember that this is no where near the final build (I know, there will never technically be a final build). But I think every one should just reserve condemning it until the game is at least out of open Beta. Equally people should also resist praising it.

If the potential is filled the game should be great. If it's not filled then it won't be great. Lets wait and see shall we.