This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to continue the God of War series

#1-NotoriousLynxPosted 1/21/2013 11:30:45 PM
Personally, I don't see why Sony would stop making God of War; its one of their biggest franchises. Personally, I love God of War 1, when the player had a reason to be sympathetic towards Kratos, but I didn't like playing the next games that followed because Kratos was so annoying and I felt like I had no connection to him. I don't see how they can really continue God of War, besides doing prequels, but even then, I feel like they have torn through all of the Greek Mythology. Apparently, Ascension has some Hindu deities this time around.

I think they need to stop Kratos' story before they ruin it even more. Sony needs to do what BioShock Infinite is doing. Keep the same gameplay, themes, and title, but completely change the setting. God of War is a pretty versatile title and I think they should turn it into an anthology series where each game or every few games, they reboot the series -- in a sense -- to a different mythology. For example, they can make the next God of War with Norse Mythology and call it "God of War: Asgard" or something.

How would you like to see God of War continue?
#2TroutfischPosted 1/21/2013 11:32:27 PM
I'd like to see a GOW game based in Ancient Egypt.
---
PSN: Troutfisch
#3-NotoriousLynx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:37:55 PM
Troutfisch posted...

I hate Norse mythology and used it as an example since the name Asgard is pretty well known and I'm sure people can connect GoW with it pretty easily, but I think mythologies from the Middle Eastern countries are the most fascinating -- particularly Arabic mythology. Arabic mythology has great stories and monsters, like Djinns, I can easily see "the next Kratos" fighting.
#4-NotoriousLynx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 12:44:17 AM
Bump
#5djmaster1994Posted 1/22/2013 12:46:25 AM
gameplay the same every releases
why don't they make a 2D Side Scrolling or different gameplay for God of War been the same since the first one.
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#6LightningSkyPosted 1/22/2013 12:46:46 AM
Go with the Bioshock infinite or FF route.
#7sean2995Posted 1/22/2013 12:47:39 AM
I'd like the series to branch out. I mean start a new series in the universe, or even a whole new "god" universe.
#8BrutalBrockenPosted 1/22/2013 12:54:28 AM(edited)
I love Norse Mythology, unfortunately when people hear the word Asgard they think of the Marvel Thor.
Norse Mythology is awesome, Hell the 1st 2 generations of the Gods kept getting catrated by there sons. All the gods knew exactly how they would die in the end war, Ragnorok. An epic version of Fenrir or Hel.
I just don't know how the story could really continue after 3 anyways or even be called a God of War game. I mean he killed the God of War in the 1st game, became the God of War and lost the title in the beginning of the 2nd and yet every game is God of War.

XBOX- Brutal Brocken
PS3- BrutalBrocken
#9Bestia_SomniaPosted 1/22/2013 1:00:45 AM
Troutfisch posted...

This.

I want to fight Egyptian Gods, such as Osiris, Seth, Horus, Isis, Anubis, Ra, Apophis, ect. The Book of the Dead could be the new Pandora's Box. It'd be cool going into the pyramids and doing all sort of platforming and puzzles. Other enemies could be things such as demons (like Apohphis and Ammit), Pharaohs (like Tutankhamun), Sphinx, Hieracosphinx, Griffins, Ehi (chimera), Uraeus (oversized cobra), Serpopard (serpent/leopard hyrbid), ect.
#10CronoGuyverPosted 1/22/2013 1:01:11 AM
By not making a multi-player game.
---
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.