This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Forbes thinks Microsoft 8 and Surface completely failing, Sony will buy them out

#21AwayFromHerePosted 1/22/2013 1:57:03 AM
Forbes is as dumb as a down syndrome hamster's s***.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#22TheTenth10Posted 1/22/2013 3:14:02 AM
I can only hope Microsoft's greed is present at all levels and will lead to internal disintegration
#23BeknessPosted 1/22/2013 5:23:01 AM
Then there's the people that think Sony are going broke.

Plus have you checked out Forbes? It all just seems like opinion pieces and rumours tbqh.
---
rawr
#24bob15xPosted 1/22/2013 6:01:08 AM
Nothing wrong with windows 8, the probably is the de-evolution of society and their inability to think and learn.

Windows 8 is very easy to understand, does so many things better than Windows 7 but people are just stuck on the new front UI that they can't see all that is is colourful shortcuts to their programs.

Where MS has really dropped the ball is getting people to realize this. All their commercials focus on the UI, therefore consumers think that is all there is. Many people hate Windows 8 when they first get it but after a while I have heard they could never go back to 7.

Surface was a colossal f up by MS. First not making it available in stores, Second publishing no info on the Surface Pro so people stayed away until they go this info.

The tablet itself is better then any android tablet and ipad because it has functionality that the others do not like real usb support.

I see people say windows 8 sucks on non touch devices. Of course most of these people have never used win 8. I have a touch laptop with win 8 on it, and I never use the touch, I use the trackpad. I find it works perfect.

People in this world are stuck. You hear sony is possibly changing the DS and people freak. They know nothing, no information but react negatively. People are afraid of change, afraid to learn, afraid to evolve.

Not me. Lets see some progression for once.
#25Rennik RepotsirPosted 1/22/2013 6:09:51 AM(edited)
Yes. IF (BIG IF), Sony buys out MSED then that's one less direct competitor. Also if they retain any of MSED's talent, we might have a PS that's easy to develop for.

For some reason, I doubt that scenario will happen...
---
FREE BUMP!!!
The person above suffers from IAD.</post>
#26jorgestevensonPosted 1/22/2013 6:31:08 AM
Sophistication posted...
Anyone who thinks Microsoft is making bank on the xbox 360...

http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-of-the-day-microsoft-losses-on-xbox-2012-6

Fraid not... It is in the tanks... I still don't think they will sell it off, but it's certainly not as profitable as the media would have us believe once you start digging around. What's worse, it seems, in an effort to kill off Sony and Nintendo, they've used resources from their other departments to fuel the xbox fire... to keep it alive and keep its presence known to the public through trendy ads.

That's not good... It hasn't paid off for them. Maybe Sony is right in there way of marketing after all.

The chart you linked to shows that Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices division has made $1B in operating income since 2007. Here, let me quote the article you posted:

Overall, the Xbox group has lost $4 billion for Microsoft. However, since 2007 it has made $1 billion.

We can learn one of two things based on this quote -

(a) You think things that happened before 2007 are more relevant to today than things that happened since 2007 ("Microsoft is in the tanks" <-- You).

(b) You didn't read the article that you yourself posted.

I'm gonna go with (b).
#27ShineboxerPosted 1/22/2013 8:05:52 AM
Then there's the people that think Sony are going broke.

Plus have you checked out Forbes? It all just seems like opinion pieces and rumours tbqh.

They are going broke, they're only worth 16-17 billion dollars, Microsoft is worth over 200 billion.

Sony couldn't afford anything, The Xbox brand alone is worth far more than the PlayStation brand.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#28xsabrewulfPosted 1/22/2013 9:17:59 AM
Sony is in a horrible financial situation as it is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/11/business/global/sony-revises-expected-loss-to-6-4-billion.html?_r=0
#29Battleship_GrayPosted 1/22/2013 9:31:21 AM
You can't afford anything if you're worth 16-17 billion. You heard it here first.
---
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/ http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#30UniversquallPosted 1/22/2013 9:31:52 AM
Battleship_Gray posted...
You can't afford anything if you're worth 16-17 billion. You heard it here first.

That's true if you think like an idiot.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)