This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This picture is SO true!(relates to DmC)

#21RoxasANobodyPosted 1/22/2013 9:37:21 AM
kingofall214 posted...
Why can't people who are upset by reboots just ignore it's existence and move on? I understand why they are upset but no one is forcing you to play this game and honestly it's called a reboot for a reason. It's going to be different then the original.

If they turned Ezio from Assassins Creed into an emo punk in some reboot I would ignore it's existence.

These are some wise words. The reboot happened and the reboot is staying. Why the hell are people still complaining?
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#22RollingCradlePosted 1/22/2013 9:40:13 AM
Waiting on dat 1080p60 PC version, only three days to go baby!
#23im_a_legendPosted 1/22/2013 9:55:30 AM
Total Recall is a classic Schwarzenegger film and the only things the remake did right was the 3 boobs women and casting Brian Cranston. Kate Beckinsale as Lori/Richter combo was stupid even if he is 62 the film needed more Michael Ironside.
---
What Im about to do is as dangerous as inviting your mum round for an evening on chatroulette
#24bladegash666Posted 1/22/2013 9:58:19 AM
It does make a point, why don't we have the same standards as movies? Why is it that we don't say developers are running out of ideas despite having several sequels and re-releases of the same game every year?

IDK , maybe film fans are of a high caliber? Pretty much every "problem" I see in gaming , would be a small issue in the film industry. They have higher standards than us. Also , their rating system doesn't seem jacked up.
---
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
"BATMANNNNNN" - Joker crying
#25gtaking5Posted 1/22/2013 10:00:05 AM
Isn't the Total Recall reboot completely unrelated to the original? Or is it a prequel? Just like this DmC is a prequel right?
---
The colder it gets, you won't see me anymore, But there's still a chance I might walk to your door
Maybe the timing's not right, I won't be seeing you tonight
#26RoxasANobodyPosted 1/22/2013 10:04:04 AM
@bladegash - Normally the people who write reviews for films AREN'T being funded by the production company or the studio publishing the film. When games like DmC, MGR, and GTAV come out, developers like to target websites similar to IGN. They'll dump a bunch of advertisement revenue into the website in return for them advertising the game [obviously] and writing a good review. So, when people write reviews for a website or a newspaper, chances are that they can write what's in their heart because the publisher didn't receive squat from Warner Brothers. When writers at IGN want to write what they want, they get a slap on a wrist and are told, "We need to keep Square's business. Give it a nice review."

Gaming websites are a business first and foremost. To us gamers who can identify bad reviews from good reviews; it's really not that bad. But, IGN could score Square another sale by publishing a good review that a parent may read. Parents, admittedly, don't know what the hell goes on for gaming, so they'll believe any review published by a well known site like IGN. It's really unfortunate how these things work, but that's business for you.
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#27bladegash666Posted 1/22/2013 10:28:37 AM
From: RoxasANobody | Posted: 1/22/2013 12:04:04 PM | #026
@bladegash - Normally the people who write reviews for films AREN'T being funded by the production company or the studio publishing the film. When games like DmC, MGR, and GTAV come out, developers like to target websites similar to IGN. They'll dump a bunch of advertisement revenue into the website in return for them advertising the game [obviously] and writing a good review. So, when people write reviews for a website or a newspaper, chances are that they can write what's in their heart because the publisher didn't receive squat from Warner Brothers. When writers at IGN want to write what they want, they get a slap on a wrist and are told, "We need to keep Square's business. Give it a nice review."

Gaming websites are a business first and foremost. To us gamers who can identify bad reviews from good reviews; it's really not that bad. But, IGN could score Square another sale by publishing a good review that a parent may read. Parents, admittedly, don't know what the hell goes on for gaming, so they'll believe any review published by a well known site like IGN. It's really unfortunate how these things work, but that's business for you.

That's all very true. Since you seem to be a very knowledge person , I want to ask a question. How much do you know about vetting?
---
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
"BATMANNNNNN" - Joker crying
#28ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/22/2013 10:29:58 AM
http://www.godfist.com/godhandfan/images/raiden_vs_dante.jpg
#29dj___rollPosted 1/22/2013 10:32:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8UbyiuZ.jpg

Why are you comparing two totally different things? Just because the remake of total recall wasn't good doesn't mean the reboot of video game that has absolutely no relation to the movie in theme, cost, developer, or format isn't good.

So tired of the whiny fanboys. How long do you guys need to cry before you move on? Seek some counseling buddy.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#30hockeybub89Posted 1/22/2013 10:35:14 AM
The tears over DmC are delicious.

The game isn't as horrible as you all wanted it to be and you just can't take it.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica