This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a JRPG fan I decided to play my first mainstream FPS dudebro shooter today

#41Stanger5150Posted 1/22/2013 9:44:41 AM
Play what you like, but don't insult others for liking different games.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Final Fantasy, Midway Arcade Origins, Final Fantasy V, Castlevania Chronicles, Xexyz
#42HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 10:09:57 AM
Just get Ni No Kuni and tell me its not better than CoD
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#43Rennik RepotsirPosted 1/22/2013 10:15:25 AM
It seems to be all about the OMP. It's really not for everybody.

At least you gave it a try... I guess... I know I wouldn't, because I just can't get into those types of games. For me, it falls more into me wanting a more real life experience than a simulator. In other words, I like to shoot at targets with a gun or play some type of paintball or laser-tag against other people. I like JRPGs, but not all are for me. I like the most of the Tales series that were localized, but the only Star Ocean game I like is The Second Story. I like Dark Souls, but don't care too much for Xenoblade.
---
FREE BUMP!!!
The person above suffers from IAD.</post>
#44RafedxPosted 1/22/2013 10:17:29 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
I rented the most famous of your series known as CoD and got BO2.

Put the disc in and was curious to see if playing these games might make me like or change my opinion on them.

game loads and I'm treated to a clusterf*** flashback montage video that was cheaply made.

I decide in the main menu to do story mode first.

Some stupid random war military story scenes.
then gameplay.
every 10 feet there is a checkpoint and your game gets saved >_>
get shot and just duck to heal.
and just shoot anything and continue onward to progress in the poorly written story.

after 3 missions i left and decided to play online.

see different modes. and i play some.
so boring and pointless.
choose guns, run around, shoot or get killed, repeat etc... get points.

after awhile i got bored and turned it off.

If you all like this games and they are the most popular then I weep for this generation.

I quickly went back to my wonderful world of high quality and high class superior jrpgs.

I still don't get what is going through someones head when they just NEED to say something like this.

I don't particularity like CoD but I am not about to bash it, or the people who play it. If they like it good for them, doesn't mean I have to. I also am not a huge fan of JRPG's anymore either but again, I am not stuck up enough to trash peoples opinions.

Some of you people need to get over yourselves.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#45KOTRwhoopsPosted 1/22/2013 10:18:26 AM
I do enjoy a mindless FPS every now and then but for the most part I'm with you TC.
---
PLAYING - Torchlight II (PC), Walking Dead (360), Okami HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#46keatonisballinPosted 1/22/2013 10:39:35 AM
glory of power metal posted...
What a wild surprise! I was totally expecting to click this topic and see, "I RENTED BO2 AND BY GOD I LOVED EVERY MOMENT OF IT!" A close-minded JRPG crapping on a popular FPS title without any more than a "this is stupid, game is boring, multiplayer's stupid, everything's stupid, I'm bored," is quite the rare occurrence. God bless you TC for being a hero.

Lol this. Typical loli lover crapping on something thats different cause it doesnt have anime in it. Grow up child.
---
Seahawks 2012: 11-5, 1 playoff win
Counting the days til next season starts...
#47Stanger5150Posted 1/22/2013 10:45:44 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
Just get Ni No Kuni and tell me its not better than CoD

Some people would agree with that, and some wouldn't. It's personal preference, and neither side is wrong. Why is that such a hard f****** concept to understand on this board?

I prefer RPGs, but I would never insult a Call of Duty fan, despite how much I dislike it.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Final Fantasy, Midway Arcade Origins, Final Fantasy V, Castlevania Chronicles, Xexyz
#48HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 4:10:29 AM
keatonisballin posted...
glory of power metal posted...
What a wild surprise! I was totally expecting to click this topic and see, "I RENTED BO2 AND BY GOD I LOVED EVERY MOMENT OF IT!" A close-minded JRPG crapping on a popular FPS title without any more than a "this is stupid, game is boring, multiplayer's stupid, everything's stupid, I'm bored," is quite the rare occurrence. God bless you TC for being a hero.

Lol this. Typical loli lover crapping on something thats different cause it doesnt have anime in it. Grow up child.

oh look another dudebro fratboy pew pew shooter casual gamer that only plays sports games like Madden and fps games like CoD >_>

that thinks every jrpg = loli

how does it feel to be ignorant?
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#49Pawkie07Posted 1/23/2013 4:17:40 AM
Erupt50 posted...
BlackMetalisWar posted...
ManuKesna posted...
stupid topic

u mad bro?
#50Ben__AffleckPosted 1/23/2013 4:17:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]