This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a JRPG fan I decided to play my first mainstream FPS dudebro shooter today

#51JohnHitman47Posted 1/23/2013 5:20:21 AM
This entire gen i only enjoy 3 JRPG
Dragon's dogma
Demon souls
Dark souls

JRPG this gen have become boring especially from japan, i rather play shooters.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#52PAAGGpewpewPosted 1/23/2013 5:20:46 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
Some stupid random war military story scenes.
then gameplay.
every 10 feet there is a checkpoint and your game gets saved >_>
get shot and just duck to heal.
and just shoot anything and continue onward to progress in the poorly written story.

after 3 missions i left and decided to play online.

see different modes. and i play some.
so boring and pointless.
choose guns, run around, shoot or get killed, repeat etc... get points.

after awhile i got bored and turned it off.

Yep, I cannot believe some people actually call this "gameplay".

This is why I hate PAAGGs because they lack anything interesting. They're linear and scripted and set piecey and boring. You just go around shooting things in a linear hallway corridor.

I mean, where's the gameplay? Where is the exploration and puzzles? Where are the sidequests?

Anyhow TC, don't listen to the PAAGG fanboys. They're not used to good games, so they're delusional as to think that PAAGGs have any quality whatsoever.
#53zerooo0Posted 1/23/2013 5:22:37 AM
Lol, such a stupid topic.
---
CoD>Dog Turd>Gaming Community>GFAQS Community
#54godslayer61Posted 1/23/2013 5:32:48 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
I rented the most famous of your series known as CoD and got BO2.

Put the disc in and was curious to see if playing these games might make me like or change my opinion on them.

game loads and I'm treated to a clusterf*** flashback montage video that was cheaply made.

I decide in the main menu to do story mode first.

Some stupid random war military story scenes.
then gameplay.
every 10 feet there is a checkpoint and your game gets saved >_>
get shot and just duck to heal.
and just shoot anything and continue onward to progress in the poorly written story.

after 3 missions i left and decided to play online.

see different modes. and i play some.
so boring and pointless.
choose guns, run around, shoot or get killed, repeat etc... get points.

after awhile i got bored and turned it off.

If you all like this games and they are the most popular then I weep for this generation.

I quickly went back to my wonderful world of high quality and high class superior jrpgs.

i play all the cod but you are right that they suck compared to jrpg
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#55HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:35:58 AM
Ben__Affleck posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
Just get Ni No Kuni and tell me its not better than CoD

anybody that plays that kiddy loli crap should be flagged as a potential sex predator. i'm no fan of CoD but i'd play that over little kiddy jrpg's any day. it would suck but at least i wouldn't feel like a creeper.

yeah because real men feel badass spending hours shooting gunz online against other people. guess they are compensating for something...
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#56SetzeraPosted 1/23/2013 8:53:32 AM
TC, if you get some extra controllers, a couple friends together, and play zombies.. you might enjoy it more.

Zombies is the only reason I have the game, I don't like the campaign at all, and the multiplayer doesn't really appeal to me, except special modes like 1 in the chamber.
#57docholliday504Posted 1/23/2013 9:13:39 AM
ManuKesna posted...
stupid topic

---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Dark Souls, Halo 4
#58ChaingunmasterPosted 1/23/2013 9:19:40 AM
Well this was an informative topic, and this is coming from someone who is pretty "meh" towards COD in the first place.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#59docholliday504Posted 1/23/2013 9:42:15 AM
EnforcerICE posted...
TC, if you get some extra controllers, a couple friends together, and play zombies.. you might enjoy it more.

Zombies is the only reason I have the game, I don't like the campaign at all, and the multiplayer doesn't really appeal to me, except special modes like 1 in the chamber.

He only plays JRPGs. He probably has no friends.

Not that I don't play JRPG's from time to time (Until this gen, FInal Fantasy was one of my favorite series of all time and I've been slogging my way through a FFXII rerun for the past 6 months and playing Dark Souls). That said, it's probably the most anti-social of any game genre. Most are, long, SP-only affairs. If you aren't playing anything else, your mising out a large part of what makes the medium as a whole so great (the Ability to play in a community)
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Dark Souls, Halo 4
#60ChaingunmasterPosted 1/23/2013 10:00:50 AM
docholliday504 posted...
EnforcerICE posted...

He only plays JRPGs. He probably has no friends.

Not that I don't play JRPG's from time to time (Until this gen, FInal Fantasy was one of my favorite series of all time and I've been slogging my way through a FFXII rerun for the past 6 months and playing Dark Souls). That said, it's probably the most anti-social of any game genre. Most are, long, SP-only affairs. If you aren't playing anything else, your mising out a large part of what makes the medium as a whole so great (the Ability to play in a community)

Yeah, a community full of __________.
Fill in the blank with whatever first came to mind.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88