This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a JRPG fan I decided to play my first mainstream FPS dudebro shooter today

#71docholliday504Posted 1/23/2013 3:01:21 PM
Chaingunmaster posted...

You piss me off. I'm almost hoping lady luck grows tired of you next time you go for a midnight stroll.

Lady luck be damned I've had people try to mug me on a couple of separate occassions...just not in your "dark alley." The 1st time 2 guys tried to mug me on a well lit street and I told them I didn't have any money and to leave me alone. They did. Had I been in your "dark alley" I probabaly would've coughed up the wallet.

The 2nd time I was just walking down a city street at 2 am and a guy hit me in the head from behind and took my wallet. I got up and chased after him for a bit but then got worried he might have a weapon so i stopped. When I took out my phone to call the police he came back and tried to snatch my phone (there was nothing in my wallet). I punched him until he let go of my phone and then I took my wallet back from him.

Again a couple of "bad apples" in a "community" where I've generally had amazing experiences.

And so it is with COD....You can perpetuate the lie that the community is full of racists but anyone that has spent any time with the game knows you're completely full of **** and you consequently bleed credibility.
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Dark Souls, Halo 4
#7282xenoPosted 1/23/2013 3:03:04 PM
Amazing topic.
---
GOP - "Obama believes in redistribution of wealth".
So do you - http://www.epi.org/publication/ib330-productivity-vs-compensation/
#73ChaingunmasterPosted 1/23/2013 3:04:17 PM
Maybe I've been unlucky, maybe you've been lucky. Either way, I deeply resent everything you've said, and I wish nothing but the worst for you.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#74teamaquashockPosted 1/23/2013 3:13:18 PM
Erupt50 posted...
BlackMetalisWar posted...
ManuKesna posted...
stupid topic

---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#75Still__RippinPosted 1/23/2013 3:15:03 PM
Cojirosean posted...
Good sir, you are correct.
These right wing fps war games are what is wrong with the games industry.
JRPGs are superior to any shooter, and even to western 'RPGs' like Skyrim and Mass Effect.

Just don't be too shocked at how the common hoard will react to our views though...

Lol. Typical regionally challenged fanboy.
---
Lupe Fiasco is the best rapper alive.
Currently Playing~ XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Demons Souls, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, Magic 2013, Skate 2
#76docholliday504Posted 1/23/2013 3:18:02 PM
Chaingunmaster posted...
Maybe I've been unlucky, maybe you've been lucky. Either way, I deeply resent everything you've said, and I wish nothing but the worst for you.

I wont ever get the worst because I don't see the worst. You seem to look at everything negatively. The world will respond accordingly.
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Dark Souls, Halo 4
#77kingrat2314Posted 1/23/2013 3:57:01 PM
TC, play a non-dudebro FPS. You'd probably like Bioshock. Most FPS are nothing like Call of Duty.
---
Yep, I'm a guy! teehee <3
#78DocDeliciousPosted 1/23/2013 4:05:46 PM
kingrat2314 posted...
TC, play a non-dudebro FPS. You'd probably like Bioshock. Most FPS are nothing like Call of Duty.

Eh, Bioshock is pretty plain. Storyline is half-decent at least.
There aren't any really good FPSs anymore.
Far Cry 3 comes close. Gets a bit repetitive and is relatively easy.
Crysis, although the storyline is awful. Gameplay also gets pretty boring after a bit.
Uh...Portal? Lol.
That's all I can think of this Gen, honestly.

TC picked a really bad place to start, but unless you go back to PS2 or hop over to PC you won't find many good FPSs.
---
DmC, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, Mass Effect Trilogy, Disgaea, Valkyria Chronicles, King's Field, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU, Chrono Cross
PSN: DocDelicious
#79theshovellerPosted 1/23/2013 4:12:34 PM
DocDelicious posted...
kingrat2314 posted...

Eh, Bioshock is pretty plain. Storyline is half-decent at least.
There aren't any really good FPSs anymore.
Far Cry 3 comes close. Gets a bit repetitive and is relatively easy.
Crysis, although the storyline is awful. Gameplay also gets pretty boring after a bit.
Uh...Portal? Lol.
That's all I can think of this Gen, honestly.

TC picked a really bad place to start, but unless you go back to PS2 or hop over to PC you won't find many good FPSs.

I mentioned a few a bit further up, but I'll relist them:

Timeshift
Singularity
Mirror's Edge (not really a shooter, but it is first-person and there is one or two spots of "grab a gun and shoot people before tossing it")
Borderlands 1 / 2
Bulletstorm

Some are gameplay and plot, some are just gameplay, some are just plot.
#80DigablePlanetsPosted 1/23/2013 4:24:07 PM
HellsingOrg posted...
keatonisballin posted...
glory of power metal posted...
What a wild surprise! I was totally expecting to click this topic and see, "I RENTED BO2 AND BY GOD I LOVED EVERY MOMENT OF IT!" A close-minded JRPG crapping on a popular FPS title without any more than a "this is stupid, game is boring, multiplayer's stupid, everything's stupid, I'm bored," is quite the rare occurrence. God bless you TC for being a hero.

Lol this. Typical loli lover crapping on something thats different cause it doesnt have anime in it. Grow up child.

oh look another dudebro fratboy pew pew shooter casual gamer that only plays sports games like Madden and fps games like CoD >_>

that thinks every jrpg = loli

how does it feel to be ignorant?

Well aren't you just precious. Blind hypocrisy doesn't become you, sir.

Maybe unintentional irony is more your thing.
---
Project Blowed... What's the Code?