This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a JRPG fan I decided to play my first mainstream FPS dudebro shooter today

#91theshovellerPosted 1/24/2013 9:12:39 AM
Chaingunmaster posted...
Does getting run over by one count? It might have gone up a little for a second or two.

No, no, no, you're supposed to say "Well, it was more of a push than a lift. Actually, the bus driver may have had his foot on the gas - just a bit, you know, to get it started."
#92ChaingunmasterPosted 1/24/2013 9:13:30 AM
Well, it was more of a crushing sensation than a lift, but I still appreciate the Mystery Men reference.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#93Ryan SiPosted 1/24/2013 9:14:20 AM
I'm a JRPG fan (have been since 1997) and I've been enjoying FPSs since DOOM. Apparently, TC and others like him just don't have the mental capacity to appreciate the variety in both genres. Their brains can only handle a few simple tasks at a time.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
#94I_caught_firePosted 1/24/2013 9:35:28 AM
theshoveller posted...
Shy420 posted...
Wow a true to life badass, here, on gamefaqs.

Don't make fun of him. Mister Furious is a very vital member of our group. He once lifted a bus!

This is the pinnacle post of this topic. You the bessss.
---
We drown in pneumonia, not rivers and streams.
#95flintzPosted 1/24/2013 9:40:01 AM
Ryan Si posted...
I'm a JRPG fan (have been since 1997) and I've been enjoying FPSs since DOOM. Apparently, TC and others like him just don't have the mental capacity to appreciate the variety in both genres. Their brains can only handle a few simple tasks at a time.

---
"Hans! Look alive! Take the helm! We'll show that fishbowl thing how real men of the sea retreat!" -Captain of the Thames, Xenogears
#96KDogg1800Posted 1/24/2013 10:42:21 AM
God forbid someone have completely different taste in video games.

I know! LOL
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png
#97deadmarvPosted 1/24/2013 10:45:07 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
I rented the most famous of your series known as CoD and got BO2.

Put the disc in and was curious to see if playing these games might make me like or change my opinion on them.

game loads and I'm treated to a clusterf*** flashback montage video that was cheaply made.

I decide in the main menu to do story mode first.

Some stupid random war military story scenes.
then gameplay.
every 10 feet there is a checkpoint and your game gets saved >_>
get shot and just duck to heal.
and just shoot anything and continue onward to progress in the poorly written story.

after 3 missions i left and decided to play online.

see different modes. and i play some.
so boring and pointless.
choose guns, run around, shoot or get killed, repeat etc... get points.

after awhile i got bored and turned it off.

If you all like this games and they are the most popular then I weep for this generation.

I quickly went back to my wonderful world of high quality and high class superior jrpgs.

High class? You mean your lolli fantasy simulators?
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.
#98zooknutPosted 1/24/2013 10:48:10 AM
its cool to hate shooters these days apparently that's ok me and my buddies still like em! and they not going nowhere
#99tracazoidPosted 1/24/2013 10:49:07 AM
ManuKesna posted...
stupid topic
#100dj___rollPosted 1/24/2013 11:34:20 AM
its cool to hate shooters these days apparently that's ok me and my buddies still like em! and they not going nowhere

What's most popular is usually also the most hated. McDonald's, Kobe, Lebron, Obama, etc.

Look at any new release that is popular and gets good ratings (DMC, nnk, cod, etc). Instant rage. Actual criticism/praise is one thing, but most arguments about theses games boil down to "x game sucks and you're a fanboy if you like it" or "x game is the best ever and you're a fanboy if you don't like it".

In the end I feel sorry for the people that only play one type of game, whether its rpg, FPS, or whatever. I feel worse for the posters who are to stupid to realize that their opinion isn't everyone's.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10