This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How difficult are these games?

#1bigdeezPosted 1/22/2013 10:42:47 AM
Demons Souls
Dark Souls
Dragons Dogma

just to give you a feel for were i am -
Ninja Gaiden Sigma I found to be hard on ninja dog
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow i had to put on easy
God of War series i had to put on easy
#2Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/22/2013 10:44:37 AM
I can only comment on Demons/Dark Souls. They're not button mashers, so you may find them very hard. They're very punishing games for those who are impatient. There is a lot of trial and error.
---
NNID: ChocoboDragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#3true_gamer80Posted 1/22/2013 10:45:30 AM
Demons Souls-not that hard, however does provide a challenge, the first few hours may give you trouble but once you grasp the mechanics, enemies and patterns it really isnt that hard at all.

Dark Souls-see above

Dragons Dogma-not hard at all....whatsoever
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#4enigma2274Posted 1/22/2013 10:47:50 AM
Demons Souls too hard
Dark Souls perfect
Dragons Dogma easy
---
Currently playing:EDF 2017, P3P, LBP Vita, Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni
#5Elswood2112Posted 1/22/2013 10:50:21 AM
If you had to put GoW on easy then you'll probably struggle with the Souls games, because they require precise timing for blocking, swinging, parrying, casting, etc. That said, you can always get better, but I imagine you would be having a hard time for quite a while. If anything, follow a startup guide and take one of the easier classes (Royal for DeS, Pyro for DkS).

Haven't played DD but I heard it's not that bad as long as you don't run around like an idiot at night. Demo was relatively easy, though it's probably supposed to be.
---
PSN: Elswood2112
Steam/Origin: shirahadori
#6bigdeez(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 12:18:16 PM
I love RPG's (not jrpg's) and im looking for some good ones to play. The problem is, i want to have fun playing them i dont want it to feel like a chore and i dont want to be pulling my hair out.
#7toadiemanPosted 1/22/2013 12:20:11 PM
You will rage on Demon's Souls and Dark Souls then.
---
PSN: toadieman
#8antoinejonesPosted 1/22/2013 12:21:03 PM
bigdeez posted...
I love RPG's (not jrpg's) and im looking for some good ones to play. The problem is, i want to have fun playing them i dont want it to feel like a chore and i dont want to be pulling my hair out.

blue/white phantoms... problem solved
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#9656stoogePosted 1/22/2013 12:22:44 PM
Avoid the Souls series. I died in one section of a level for ten hours straight.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#10antoinejonesPosted 1/22/2013 12:24:39 PM
I found DMC and ninja gaiden harder than demon/dark souls mainly because those games require fast reflexes whereas demon/dark souls only requires you to not be stupid (take everything literally one step at a time, keep your shield up, fight defensively instead of offensively, ) and most importantly learn from your mistakes... i,e if you walk up to a guy that kills you in 2 hits... then instead of dumbly trying to fight him again take that as a sign that youre not suposed to fight him yet and try to find a different path... doing those things makes dark/demon souls easy
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.