This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will The Last of Us be anything like those Uncharted games?

#1nekrothingPosted 1/22/2013 11:44:55 AM
Where every five minutes you kill wave after wave of enemies that take forever to die and by the time you finish the game, you'll have killed an entire army by yourself?
#2jason19192Posted 1/22/2013 11:45:56 AM
The mechanics of it pretty much. Everything else is different
#3PangLaPosted 1/22/2013 11:48:22 AM
No sneaking, stealth gameplay please! That was completely not need in the Uncharted games.
#4faris_ruhiPosted 1/22/2013 11:52:26 AM
No sneaking, stealth gameplay please! That was completely not need in the Uncharted games.

Too bad. It's a big part of the game. But it's really up to you. If you choose to fight and draw attention to yourself, you can do so. From what's shown, it doesn't seem like they will force you to do stealth if you don't want to. It just may be harder to go full on non-stealth than sprinkling in stealth here and there.

This game seems to be about giving you options to tackle the situation how you want.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#5huyiPosted 1/22/2013 1:12:37 PM
i would expect it to be similar to the uncharted games as the game is from the save developers.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#6StrangeJourneyPosted 1/22/2013 1:13:28 PM
I just hope we can play as Ellie cause she's hot.
#7RafedxPosted 1/22/2013 1:21:35 PM
StrangeJourney posted...

Huh, Strange Journey likes 14 year olds apparently. lol

On topic, it is going to have stealth game play, but they are going for the "take on the situation the way you want" approach. My biggest worry is scripted events, UC3 was full of them and I felt like I was watching a movie more so then playing a game. Either way its a day 1 buy for me.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#8_Shuyin_Posted 1/22/2013 1:30:36 PM
Be nice if there was a nod to the Uncharted games in The Last of Us somewhere. Like maybe a Missing Persons poster with Nate's face on it.
---
"Your effort is for naught. How long do you plan to keep this up?"
~Haunting Ground
#9StrangeJourneyPosted 1/22/2013 1:32:00 PM
Rafedx posted...
StrangeJourney posted...

Huh, Strange Journey likes 14 year olds apparently. lol

On topic, it is going to have stealth game play, but they are going for the "take on the situation the way you want" approach. My biggest worry is scripted events, UC3 was full of them and I felt like I was watching a movie more so then playing a game. Either way its a day 1 buy for me.

I'm only saying what everyone else is thinking.
#10crazyman32Posted 1/22/2013 1:33:13 PM
_Shuyin_ posted...
Be nice if there was a nod to the Uncharted games in The Last of Us somewhere. Like maybe a Missing Persons poster with Nate's face on it.

That would be funny to see Nate on a poster.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.