This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels coming to PlayStation Network

#21MlREFOXPosted 1/23/2013 11:19:07 AM
taz_8806 posted...
MlREFOX posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
MTG>Yugioh

MTG>Pokemon TCG> WoW TCG>Vs. System>Yugioh

Plus other lesser-known games that fit in that spectrum.

Do people even play Vs. System anymore?

I don't think so. Upper Deck has released a Marvel deck building game, but I don't know how similar the mechanics are to the Vs. System.

The way I see it, deck building, and therefore having a proper understanding or resource management, is of fundamental importance to TCGs. The games that effectively remove resource management by allowing you to play any card as a resource, or by ignoring resources all together, tend to be severely lacking. This is one of the reasons Magic still reigns as king. It is also why I believe Pokemon TCG is actually one of the better, in spite of its kiddy source material. On the other hand, games like WoW (or Shadow Era, which is just about a clone) or Yu-Gi-Oh have a serious dearth of strategy.
#22KenauePosted 1/23/2013 11:20:48 AM
As long as it doesn't have the XYZ card type, I'm in. The XYZ addons sucked....
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
#23ShineboxerPosted 1/23/2013 11:23:13 AM
what the hell is yugioh?
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#24Shadow CloudPosted 1/23/2013 11:44:30 AM
lepeos posted...
Is this straight up yugioh or am I gonna have to control some stupid dice or motorbikes or something?

"Card games on motorcycles!"

I'm not a big Yu-Gi-Oh fan, but boy would I have a fun time if I play this with my mic. At the beginning of each match, I would shout: "It's time to duel!" As a victory quote, I will tell my opponent, "You didn't lost to me because of your deck. You lost because you didn't believe in the heart of the cards!"

Meanwhile if someone accuses me of cheating, I'll say to them, "Screw the rules I have money!"
#25anonymous46773Posted 1/23/2013 11:48:11 AM
Day 1
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#26Mrbone5Posted 1/23/2013 12:00:01 PM
I've been looking forward to a PS3 Yu-Gi-Oh game but this one is outdated oh well it's still better than nothing.
#27DemonicDracoPosted 1/23/2013 12:14:47 PM
thats why mtg is better, no need to believe in the heart of the cards.

Shadow Cloud posted...
lepeos posted...
Is this straight up yugioh or am I gonna have to control some stupid dice or motorbikes or something?

"Card games on motorcycles!"

I'm not a big Yu-Gi-Oh fan, but boy would I have a fun time if I play this with my mic. At the beginning of each match, I would shout: "It's time to duel!" As a victory quote, I will tell my opponent, "You didn't lost to me because of your deck. You lost because you didn't believe in the heart of the cards!"

Meanwhile if someone accuses me of cheating, I'll say to them, "Screw the rules I have money!"

---
Beauty is the only truth in this world.
#28ExtremeLightPosted 1/23/2013 2:46:10 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Does this game have GX cards. I loved the elemental heroes if not are there any on psn?

---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#29PangLaPosted 1/23/2013 2:49:45 PM
Bring back The Sacred Card and Reshef Of Destruction style of Yu-Gi-Oh games. Those were the best.
#30Bestia_SomniaPosted 1/24/2013 2:11:26 AM
PangLa posted...
Bring back The Sacred Card and Reshef Of Destruction style of Yu-Gi-Oh games. Those were the best.

The PSP Yu-Gi-Oh games are infinitely better. Those games didn't even get the effects of some of the cards right.