This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels coming to PlayStation Network

#31beebarbPosted 1/24/2013 1:15:49 AM
What's the Point?! I lost interest in Yu-Gi-Oh! when the Anime dropped the namesake character of "Yugi" and went on it's BS march. Last game I got was a GBA game that had those proper characters in them.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#32Bestia_SomniaPosted 1/24/2013 1:24:38 AM
beebarb posted...
What's the Point?! I lost interest in Yu-Gi-Oh! when the Anime dropped the namesake character of "Yugi" and went on it's BS march. Last game I got was a GBA game that had those proper characters in them.

Because people actually enjoy the card game game? Why would I give a **** if the original protagonist isn't around anymore? It's not like his existence directly effected my enjoyment of the game itself, which was the main reason to enjoy the Yu-Gi-Oh series in the first place. As far as I know, most people who play the card game don't even watch the series anyway. A lot of people grew out of it, but the card game itself stayed interesting.

You can't expect them to keep the card game going, which would require the Anime to keep going too, and for Yugi to stay around forever. He was the best. There's only so many times he can get beaten and then reclaim his title before it becomes boring. The 5Ds series is actually pretty good. GX is okay too - I like the idea of the dueling school.
#33_DTM_Posted 1/24/2013 2:24:00 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
PangLa posted...
Bring back The Sacred Card and Reshef Of Destruction style of Yu-Gi-Oh games. Those were the best.

The PSP Yu-Gi-Oh games are infinitely better. Those games didn't even get the effects of some of the cards right.

That is putting it lightly. I could summon the best monster in the game and if the other guy had a normal 100/100 monster but it was light and my monster was dark...he would win.
---
This is here only so people know when my post ends.
#34Evil_GogetaPosted 1/24/2013 2:31:45 AM
Awesome! Looking forward to it!
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.
#35Brocken_JrPosted 1/24/2013 2:38:30 AM
the point of card games is that you have the cards in your hand and you collected them. but i might try this game out though.
---
I retired from boxing with 1 win and 0 losses. My perfect streak lives on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
#36OoSubaruoOPosted 1/24/2013 3:27:09 AM
No thanks, this game is seriously outdated.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#37Spoiled_ClichePosted 1/24/2013 5:04:28 AM(edited)
MTG stopped being good since it started focusing on casual formats, trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Every spoiler season is now about being excited for a "limited bomb", like being good in limited gives the card any merit.

Mirrodin was the last good block.

After that, the power level went down and the game became creature centered instead of balanced. Today we have a terrible game, where people are, at the same time, too afraid to lose a creature and too afraid to make creatures more powerful than they already are. The true is: instant/sorcery/artifact/enchantment spells are faster, stronger and far more entertaining to play.

People now are so accustomed with watered down cards that they scream "power creep" at anything. The cards now are much weaker than before. You can make a deck solely based on the Odyssey block, which was average at best from a power standpoint, and completely destroy the so called "broken" cards that we have today.

YGO surpassed MTG in the 5Ds era. Not only the 5Ds anime was much better than the original, but the synchro monsters were a much needed breath of fresh air to the game. That said, this game was also watered down with the XYZ monsters.