This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Psychonauts or J&D?

#11PoorCountryPosted 1/22/2013 6:58:14 PM
Sophistication posted...
Psychonauts is junk... People here, a vocal minority, will praise it to high heaven because nobody knows what it is and they want you to know that they knew what it was before anyone... IT's garbage. Trust me.

People like to attach themselves to insignificant things, such as this game, and act like they were on the cutting edge if and or when it ever blows up into a big thing. They do this so they can say they liked it first, they liked it better and they liked it longer than anyone else.

Game is bunk junk a crunchy bunch.

Don't listen to this. This is a generic observation of anyone who likes something obscure. A dumb person could say this with ease and look credible just because it's common.
#12PoorCountryPosted 1/22/2013 7:00:12 PM(edited)
Sophistication posted...
_DTM_ posted...
Sophistication posted...
Psychonauts is junk... People here, a vocal, small minority will praise to high heaven because nobody knows what it is and they want you to know that they knew what it was before anyone... IT's garbage. Trust me.

People like to attach themselves to insignificant things, such as this game, and act like they were on the cutting edge if and or when it ever blows up into a big thing. They do this so they can say they liked it first, they liked it better and they liked it longer than anyone else.

Played Psychonauts last year after the Humble Bundle V showed up. Fun game with a great artstyle that lives up to today. A solid game that deserves to be checked out.

Took you that long, huh? Sounds like you were just dying to play it the last, what.... 8 years?

Allow me translate this pile of stupidity:

"You're not a true fan if you didn't love it before you played it. And if you aren't a true fan, that means it sucks!"
#13_DTM_Posted 1/22/2013 7:05:20 PM
Sophistication posted...
_DTM_ posted...
Sophistication posted...
Psychonauts is junk... People here, a vocal, small minority will praise to high heaven because nobody knows what it is and they want you to know that they knew what it was before anyone... IT's garbage. Trust me.

Played Psychonauts last year after the Humble Bundle V showed up. Fun game with a great artstyle that lives up to today. A solid game that deserves to be checked out.

Took you that long, huh? Sounds like you were just dying to play it the last, what.... 8 years?

I bought the bundle for LIMBO and Bastion. Tried out the rest and it was good. I never actively wanted to play it before I got it essentially free. You hate that people that like things don't you?
---
This is here only so people know when my post ends.
#14SophisticationPosted 1/22/2013 7:08:50 PM
_DTM_ posted...
Sophistication posted...
_DTM_ posted...
Sophistication posted...

I bought the bundle for LIMBO and Bastion. Tried out the rest and it was good. I never actively wanted to play it before I got it essentially free. You hate that people that like things don't you?

Couldn't care less what you like... Just trying to let the guy know that J&D is much better and much more quality and rewarding. He wants to let you all burn him fine by me. I'm just trying to help -- I wouldn't by Psychonauts for 99 cents.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#15gucciburrrPosted 1/22/2013 7:11:08 PM
Is Psychonaunts remastered? If not its a waste money..
---
Man I hate bein SOOOOOOOOBA!!!!!!
#16WrestlinFan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:13:05 PM
Quote:Is Psychonaunts remastered? If not its a waste money..
@gucciburrr

How so?
---
There should be a crossover between Regular Show and Adventure Time. Regular Time
#17SophisticationPosted 1/22/2013 7:16:53 PM
WrestlinFan posted...
Quote:Is Psychonaunts remastered? If not its a waste money..
@gucciburrr

How so?

Because the graphics were terrible on a PS2 and a crt tv... Imagine what they'll look like on a Ps3 and LCD tv.

"Shudder"
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
#18lostkiwiPosted 1/22/2013 7:20:22 PM
Having played both multiple times in the last decade, Psychonauts is comfortably the better experience in my opinion.
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.
#19SophisticationPosted 1/22/2013 7:30:02 PM(edited)
lostkiwi posted...
Having played both multiple times in the last decade, Psychonauts is comfortably the better experience in my opinion.

Of course it is... You know why? Because J&D has sold over 17 million units as a franchise WW... Psychonauts didn't even break a 200,000 units across everyplatform it was sold on...

Xbox, Ps2, GC and PC... That, right there, is why you "comfortably find it to be the better experience".

You ain't fooling anyone, ya hipster...
---
#20lostkiwiPosted 1/22/2013 7:33:54 PM
Sophistication posted...
lostkiwi posted...

Of course it is... You know why? Because J&D has sold over 17 million units as a franchise WW... Psychonauts didn't even break a 200,000 units across everyplatform it was sold on...

Xbox, Ps2, GC and PC... That, right there, is why you "comfortably find it to be the better experience".

You ain't fooling anyone.

Sales = Quality right? So Wii fit must be the best game ever made
** sigh **

Awards that Psychonauts has won:
E3 Game Critics Awards - Best Original Game
GameSpot - Best Voice Acting
GameSpot - Best Graphics (Artistic)
GameSpot - Funniest Game
GameSpot - Best Game No One Played
GameSpot - Best Platformer
IGN - Best Platformer
IGN -Best Game No One Played
EuroGamer - Overall Game of the Year
PC Gamer - Best Game You Didn't Play
PC Gamer - Editor's Choice Award

It was also PC PowerPlay's first full 10/10 score.

And what awards did J&D win??? Oh yeah, none.
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.