This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So it's taking my ps3 over 45 minutes to download a 26mb patch for the PS store

#11king_maddenPosted 1/22/2013 8:43:16 PM
vashtricham posted...
Quote:I know what you are talking about TC. PS3 download speeds are dreadful. Xbox is light years faster in this aspect. I know because I have them both connected wirelessly to the same router and the difference in speed is astounding.
@CGB_Spender
I have both wired and a 8gb game takes a hour on both. Keep track multiple times sometimes Xbox was 5 or 10 mins faster, sometimes the ps3 was alittle faster. They are within 10 mins of each other every time

360 and ps3 speeds are greatly exaggerated here, people dont realize there are other factors to download speed. most people see little difference, well not enough to complain about.
#12SDFan18Posted 1/22/2013 8:45:06 PM
My PS3 is running pretty slow at the moment, as well. Been downloading the cave demo for a while. The download keeps stalling and stuff right now.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#13CAlley2001Posted 1/23/2013 6:03:18 PM
I'm having the same problem. Downloading a patch and a movie and its barely downloading at all. All other wireless speedtests in the house checkout fine. Is there a problem with my PS3?
---
PSN: AlleySRT
#14blitz_0623(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:45:10 PM
try wired. I discovered there was something wrong with the PS3's wireless or maybe even the router, im not sure yet. Computers around the house are working fine with wireless, but that doesn't really confirm the router works well with the ps3.