This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do good graphics help you keep awake while playing late after midnight?

#1Junpei_StupeiPosted 1/23/2013 1:25:20 AM
I noticed that I always managed to keep awake while playing PS3 games even though it's already 3 am in the morning, but if it's a PS2 or PSP game, I inadvertently fall asleep.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#2PAAGGpewpewPosted 1/23/2013 1:28:52 AM
PS2 has much much better Japanese games than the PS3 does, so shouldn't PS3 games put you to sleep instead of PS2 games?
#3Evil_GogetaPosted 1/23/2013 1:33:47 AM
Nope, addicting gameplay does!
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.
#4VanderZooPosted 1/23/2013 1:35:04 AM
Video games in general keep you awake at night because it keeps the brain busy and active, and the brightness of the screen tricks the brain into thinking that it shouldn't be falling asleep yet.

Specificaly why the PS3 keeps you awake over the PS2 though I' m not sure about, possibly has something to do with the extra clarity of the resolution, more things going on etc.
#5Junpei_Stupei(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:06:37 AM(edited)
Evil_Gogeta posted...
Nope, addicting gameplay does!

I literally fell asleep while playing the demo of Ni No Kuni by the way. No, seriously.

The last thing I saw before I closed my eyes was that ugly, small thing with two horns on its head. I think its one of those things you summon with your stick? It was in a volcano area.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#6majin nemesisPosted 1/23/2013 6:13:57 AM
no why would they?
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#7schadowPosted 1/23/2013 6:14:30 AM
The PSP HD upscaling of Monster Hunter for PS3 keeps me up all night, because the gameplay is addictive.
---
MageofBlood391 posted...
GameFAQs: Because if all else fails, you can always argue semantics.
#8brolynickPosted 1/23/2013 7:11:19 AM
Doesn't make any sense, really. If falling asleep while playing a game has happened multiple times, I'd suggest not play games after midnight anymore.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#9656stoogePosted 1/23/2013 7:18:02 AM
Maybe you should get some sleep then?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#10thisranksPosted 1/23/2013 7:26:10 AM
PAAGGpewpew posted...
PS2 has much much better Japanese games than the PS3 does, so shouldn't PS3 games put you to sleep instead of PS2 games?

This was pretty amusing i have to admit...

Very rarely do i have to stop and think how beautiful a game world is. This happened to me when i started playing Ratchet + Clank: ACiT. I sat there in awe of the game world for a moment or two, and then i started playing and the graphics did what they do best ... became another part of the whole.

I was up playing Record of Agarest War past midnight last night, and seeing that it received comments such as "looks like a PS2 game" i'm thinking my answer is no.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW