This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Media Create sales for Japan - Jan 14-20. Japan gives DmC the finger.

#21monkeypahngPosted 1/23/2013 3:39:16 PM
The real question is how long will it stay up there. Doesn't mean much if it becomes 1st for one week then completely drops off it the next.

I think we should wait and see before we pass judgement.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#22crazyman32Posted 1/23/2013 3:40:26 PM
joke topic and it's #1.The game hasn't been out that long and people calling it a flop already is just a joke to me.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#23EroyumePosted 1/23/2013 4:21:56 PM(edited)
He isn't wrong, even if he does have an obvious anti-DmC agenda. I fail to see what is excellent about this news?

Anyway, Japanese sales are very front-loaded. DMC1 sold roughly 350,000 its first week, and that's when it was a new, unproven IP.

I think you'll find in a later press release that Capcom is underwhelmed here.
---
http://eroyume.com
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eroyume
#24A_Nonny_MoosePosted 1/23/2013 3:59:58 PM(edited)
From: DominicanGlory | Posted: 1/23/2013 1:39:06 PM | #001
360 version didn't even chart.

Of course it didn't. It's Japan. The PS2 sells more than the 360 in Japan.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#25jessica73Posted 1/23/2013 4:01:38 PM
The fact that animal crossing sold as many as it did tells me all I need to know about Japan.......they will buy anything nintendo no matter how terribad.

Have you ever even played Animal Crossing? It's not a bad series and is apparently the best in the series.
Also explains why Zelda and Metroid sell millions there every installment asn Sticker Star is at 5 mil al- oh no they dont ?_?
---
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8176/1257314186723.gif
#26crazyman32Posted 1/23/2013 4:01:45 PM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
From: DominicanGlory | Posted: 1/23/2013 1:39:06 PM | #001
360 version didn't even chart.

Of course it didn't. It's Japan. The PS2 sells more than the 360 in Japan.

Very true and some stores don't even carry new 360's they just try to discount and sell their remaining stock.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#27FlamingEdgeX1Posted 1/24/2013 8:54:18 PM
TheRatedR_Viper posted...
Coming in at first =/= success

Dom please keep your idiocy contained to NGG. Everyone else just ignore him, NT apparently has murdered his cat with the way he's obsessed with putting them down

He's right though. Especially with the state of software sales in general at the moment, a game being number 1 doesn't mean ****
#28theshovellerPosted 1/24/2013 8:58:22 PM
DominicanGlory posted...
Excellent news.

I don't think it is, but what do I know? I only played the game.

(Not saying you did or didn't, mind you, I'm just saying that I liked it and would have liked to see a second game in that line.)
#29Shadowblade2Posted 1/24/2013 9:11:43 PM
Are people seriously defending those sales? This reboot was meant to invigorate sales, not see them decline from past titles (especially with the console install base being more than double what it was five years ago). That being said the NA sales are where everything was being bet on anyway, so until NPD releases the Jan. numbers next month, it'll be too early to call the game a flop.
---
"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
#30RPGspleasePosted 1/24/2013 9:38:16 PM
jessica73 posted...
The fact that animal crossing sold as many as it did tells me all I need to know about Japan.......they will buy anything nintendo no matter how terribad.

Have you ever even played Animal Crossing? It's not a bad series and is apparently the best in the series.
Also explains why Zelda and Metroid sell millions there every installment asn Sticker Star is at 5 mil al- oh no they dont ?_?

Animal crossing is garbage. I've tried several times to give it a chance and it dissappoints. Its a Nintendo product on the handheld that almost everyone who games has. Japan will eat it up no matter how aweful it is.
---
Yes? Hm?what?quit poking me!!!!