This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Japan going back to its roots according to Tales producer!!!

#21glory of power metalPosted 1/25/2013 11:32:15 AM
I was under the impression that the main thing holding Japanese developers back was their inability to adapt to and integrate change. I thought the best part of Souls was its fresh uniqueness.
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#22nouseravailablePosted 1/25/2013 11:50:06 AM
_tanjil_ posted...
KerPclasi1 posted...
jrr18 posted...
How is dark souls going back to it's roots that game is the most westren JRPG ever made.

Explain to me what makes Dark Souls a WRPG? It is because of the European medieval theme? The gameplay is certainly not like Skyrim if you're confused.

...the gameplay may not be skyrim, but its no Tales of [insert name] either. The gameplay is more Skrim than it is any other JRPG. The game doesn't rely on an extensive story and making you love your characters. It takes the western route and lets you create your character instead.

Are you confused?

The gameplay is Kings FIeld mixed with Zelda. The aesthethics often resemble Shadow of Colossus. People who think that is wrpg started gaming this generation.
---
NP: R&C A Crack in Time and Tales of Symphonia.
#23Shy420Posted 1/25/2013 11:58:21 AM
jrr18 posted...
How is dark souls going back to it's roots that game is the most westren JRPG ever made.

King's Field PS1, very popular Japanese game made well before many WRPGs. Demon's Souls has often been compared to this game and has by the devs said to be the spiritual sequel to it.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.