This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Space 3- EA did NOT screw it up!

#1AssaultMonkey9Posted 1/23/2013 2:44:18 PM
Just played the demo, here are my thoughts:

Gameplay is just as tight as ever, unsure if its because of demo or not but they started you off with a ridiculous amount of ammo.

Contrary to early claims it is a cover shooter, it is NOT. There is a crouch button, and a minority of the enemies have guns. Its like a 3 team war, you, the humans, and necromorphs.

The new upgrade system is fantastic. No more just adding nodes to improve weapons. Instead, every enemy you kill gives you a certain resource, like scrap metal, which you use to build things like scopes, extended magazines, and customize everything about your gun, from what its firing to secondary fie to burst mode etc.

At first glance, it looks like Lost Planet+ Dead Space + A little uncharted, but at the end of the day, this is every bit dead space game, with plenty of dark, metallic corridors of derelich facilities

I didnt bother playing it coop, and EA is smart, you do NOT have an AI character when playing solo. Solo is just that

So for fans who were worrying, relax. This will be a very solid and fun sequel.

To the haters who think that only Dead Space 1 was worth it before it got all "MAINSTRE4M3D" I look forward to ignoring your comments
---
Now Playing: Black Ops 2, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, FTL, Hitman, AC3, RE6
PSN: AssaultMonkey150
#2KenauePosted 1/23/2013 2:45:18 PM
the demo was great. Took me a few tries to get past that drill part though. the atmosphere was fantastic.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
#3SigmaHacielPosted 1/23/2013 2:45:22 PM
Yeah, they did. Royally.
#4mogar002Posted 1/23/2013 2:45:38 PM
Have fun ignoring comments crybaby fanboy.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#5AssaultMonkey9(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 2:46:43 PM
mogar002 posted...
Have fun ignoring comments crybaby fanboy.

When did I cry? Just prefacing that most people commenting just ant to trash EA for no reason.

Dead Space, ignoring the tacked on multiplayer, is one of the best new IPs this gen/
---
Now Playing: Black Ops 2, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, FTL, Hitman, AC3, RE6
PSN: AssaultMonkey150
#6dwill91Posted 1/23/2013 2:47:55 PM
Sure thing

http://tinyurl.com/a52owyy
---
PSN:dwill91
"Ask not for pity from Dark Phoenix, my love. There is none in her."
#7zyrax2301Posted 1/23/2013 2:55:14 PM
Why the f*** is there a crouch button
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#8ZombiDeadZombiPosted 1/23/2013 3:00:04 PM
dwill91 posted...
Sure thing

How original! Too bad you don't need to spend real money and all you people using that are just fear and hatemongers.

What's that? They have optional things people can buy? But wait, you can buy it with earned in game currency instead of cash? And if I want I can skip that and use real cash?

Boy, EA sure are some horrible money hungry monsters to give us options like that! It sounds like Visceral totally sold out giving us things like that, and it is totally worse than the DLC packs with better weapons and armor you could buy for real cash only in the first two games.
#9KOTRwhoopsPosted 1/23/2013 3:05:21 PM
I think they have but I will reserve judgement until it actually releases.
---
PLAYING - Torchlight II (PC), Walking Dead (360), Okami HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#10dwill91Posted 1/23/2013 3:06:11 PM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
dwill91 posted...
Sure thing

How original! Too bad you don't need to spend real money and all you people using that are just fear and hatemongers.

What's that? They have optional things people can buy? But wait, you can buy it with earned in game currency instead of cash? And if I want I can skip that and use real cash?

Boy, EA sure are some horrible money hungry monsters to give us options like that! It sounds like Visceral totally sold out giving us things like that, and it is totally worse than the DLC packs with better weapons and armor you could buy for real cash only in the first two games.

It's an add on for a weapon that prevents the weapon from hurting you, which can only be had through DLC, as seen next to the yellow Y button. There have been articles all over about it. The thing about it is that $60 dollar games think its alright to adopt a free to play model, and its just not. Tacked on co-op, DLC passes, and they claim it needs to sell 5 million, which is absurd. I for one will not be supporting this abortion of a game. I'll try it on PC, but I'm not buying it.
---
PSN:dwill91
"Ask not for pity from Dark Phoenix, my love. There is none in her."