This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why didn't Sony buy any of THQ's assets?

#1SolnotPosted 1/23/2013 2:21:22 PM
http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/23/thq-auction/

They could have had Darksiders 3 as an exclusive IP.
#2UniversquallPosted 1/23/2013 2:23:02 PM
Or they could have bid on something good like Volition.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#3DemonicDracoPosted 1/23/2013 2:24:40 PM
they probably dont want it.
---
Beauty is the only truth in this world.
#4yankee6903Posted 1/23/2013 2:25:13 PM
They were bankrupt for a reason
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#5Chocobo115Posted 1/23/2013 2:26:11 PM
Why did noone buy Darksiders? it's the IP that interests me the most. 2 Riders left :/
#6Nightmare966Posted 1/23/2013 2:31:34 PM
Seriously.

I've been thinking about it during the past weeks, seeing reactions to various games over the last years, and after seeing this...

****. Gaming. Forever.

It's dead. This industry is going nowhere but to its own death by both parts, companies and the so-called gamers alike.

That's it world, all faith I had in you is now vanished.
---
PSN: Nightmare966
#7UniversquallPosted 1/23/2013 2:32:49 PM
Nightmare966 posted...
Seriously.

I've been thinking about it during the past weeks, seeing reactions to various games over the last years, and after seeing this...

****. Gaming. Forever.

It's dead. This industry is going nowhere but to its own death by both parts, companies and the so-called gamers alike.

Why? What's wrong?
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#8Zack_Attackv1Posted 1/23/2013 2:44:10 PM
yankee6903 posted...
They were bankrupt for a reason

---
|L|A|y|l|A|
My anti-drug
#9kupo1705Posted 1/23/2013 2:45:53 PM
Sega bought Company of Heroes developer Relic for $26.6 million. Zenimax (Bethesda) bid $26.3 million.

They dodged a bullet there.
#10Nightmare966Posted 1/23/2013 2:47:58 PM
Universquall posted...
Nightmare966 posted...
Seriously.

****. Gaming. Forever.

Why? What's wrong?

Just seeing an interesting IP like Darksiders (that sure, it had its flaws but with a good budget, a better opportunity than a dying publisher (which did the best, actually) and a good experience behind they would be able to get around) goes off, like that. But I specially feel bad for the people behind it, who took their job seriosuly and one could see were actual gamers, like me, like you and most people in GameFAQs.

The ONLY game, besides the fighting genre, in which I spent more than 60 hours was in Darksiders II. And I did 3 Darksiders playthroughs.

I'm really angry. A lot. I felt that it was a game made by people who understand what games are for: Fun. And I had tons of it with them.

And then I see a few franchises selling MILLIONS of copies IN A FEW DAYS. And can just think whatever's wrong with people.

And I don't know. I'm so upset that I can't make a proper post right now, sorry.
---
PSN: Nightmare966