This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are EA/Activision hated as much by IRL people as they are online?

#1Fez_WatleyPosted 1/23/2013 3:25:29 PM
I mean just regular people that don't go on message boards or pay attention to gaming news. I imagine Activision is seen as good by the casual COD crowd, same with EA for EA Sports and Madden.
#2DemonicDracoPosted 1/23/2013 3:31:53 PM
i neither like nor hate em... ea buys good companies like maxis and bioware so im wind up buyin ea stuff... activision makes very mediocre games with awesome liscenses.....
---
Beauty is the only truth in this world.
#3king_maddenPosted 1/23/2013 3:33:56 PM
people offline usually feel the exact opposite of people here, pretty much about every issue.
#4DemonicDracoPosted 1/23/2013 3:35:37 PM
king_madden posted...
people offline usually feel the exact opposite of people here, pretty much about every issue.

lol we're freaks
---
Beauty is the only truth in this world.
#5GunzleaderPosted 1/23/2013 3:42:01 PM
as if the online haters have the balls to do anything in real life. cowards behind a keyboard.
just like sandy hook was fake people. bet they don't have the balls to say that to the face of people who were there.
as i said
cowards behind a keyboard.
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#6RoxasANobodyPosted 1/23/2013 3:45:25 PM
A good example of this, TC, is that EA "won" the worst company of the year award last year IIRC. They won over Bank of America. Bank of America screwed HUNDREDS of people over, but EA gets the award because they introduced online passes to the industry. I think screwing people out of their homes wins over the online passes any day.
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#7jessica73Posted 1/23/2013 4:00:57 PM
Everyone knows BoA sucks s***m and I'm pretty sure you can't win more than once, so they'll probably win this time. EA, anyone with more than a casual interest knows they're garbage, but casual bros probably don't know much about it if you ask them

as if the online haters have the balls to do anything in real life. cowards behind a keyboard.

what are they going to do? not buy the games? It's not like that's difficult.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/dragonknight337/Brutalityjessicawins.jpg
I feel like I'm playing against Xena, Peggle Princess. :( - dude on XBL
#8_AverageGamerPosted 1/23/2013 4:02:38 PM
I think the average person off the street will have no idea what you're talking about.
---
Dictated but not read,
_AverageGamer
#9EroyumePosted 1/23/2013 4:14:01 PM
Definitely not.

I would say that the vast majority don't even look at the politics. They see that EA publishes many of the games they like, so they hold them in high regard.
---
http://eroyume.com
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eroyume
#10AlltraPosted 1/23/2013 4:17:48 PM
Probably not, but I feel like the reason for that is that they're ignorant and don't have all the same information that the people online do.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.