This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are EA/Activision hated as much by IRL people as they are online?

#11PangLaPosted 1/23/2013 4:21:53 PM
jessica73 posted...
Everyone knows BoA sucks s***m and I'm pretty sure you can't win more than once, so they'll probably win this time. EA, anyone with more than a casual interest knows they're garbage, but casual bros probably don't know much about it if you ask them

as if the online haters have the balls to do anything in real life. cowards behind a keyboard.

what are they going to do? not buy the games? It's not like that's difficult.

BoA? The K-Pop/J-Pop singer? But I like her...
#12theshovellerPosted 1/23/2013 4:24:07 PM
I don't know, but I think some people might try to spout it to other gamers to "appear cool." I wore my N7 hoodie into a Best Buy once and this lady started talking to me about Mass Effect. She mentioned the whole "free copies distributed via weather balloon" thing, and mentioned how it's "something cool from EA, which obviously must be fake because EA doesn't give away anything or do cool stuff."

I don't know if people actually believe it or if it was someone just trying to make small talk with "popular opinion," or what. I think they're a business - a bit greedy, but a business regardless. It's like if I want to get paid for doing my job helping people with mental health issues. I'd like to help that guy out, but if his authorization's overutilized (i.e. "we're helping you for FREE now!") then I gotta say "no."
#13AlltraPosted 1/23/2013 4:25:12 PM
That's what I've been trying to do. I just don't buy games that support practices that I dislike. It's not like everyone is doing it, it's just a handful of companies, so it's really not that hard to either wait for the "Complete Edition", or just not buy from them.

Really, that's about the only thing I can do, and honestly it's really not making much of a difference, so it kind of seems futile.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#14wstfldPosted 1/23/2013 4:25:37 PM
Judging by sales, I'd say no.
---
Last Played: Civ 5 G&K (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD
#15king_maddenPosted 1/23/2013 7:00:15 PM
Alltra posted...
Probably not, but I feel like the reason for that is that they're ignorant and don't have all the same information that the people online do.

Most people just dont care enough.

people online view things like dlc as just dirty and greedy and terrible, the casual gamer offline sees it as an option that they either like and buy, or dont like and dont buy. same thing with online pass, there were numerous customers that i use to talk to about online passes when they were first introduced, and everyone either gave an "oh ok", or "that sucks ill just buy new if there isnt much of a difference". not many people said "oh my god that is such an injustice, who created that im forever going to boycott that company".
#16gtaking5Posted 1/23/2013 7:02:07 PM
Yes. All my friends(gaming friends at least) hate Activision and their practices.
---
I don't wanna suicide, I don't want this to end
I just wanna be your friend
#17BkzUziPosted 1/23/2013 7:02:39 PM
People Online are the exact opposite.
Go online you'll see games like Journey,Ico, SotC,etc. being praised and CoD being hated.
Irl it's the exact opposite. I also noticed it's the same with religion, online everyone seems to be atheist but irl I barely see any. @_@
#18jbl8199Posted 1/23/2013 7:02:47 PM
I like EA's games tbh. I just don't care for their dlc practices.
#19_HlM_Posted 1/23/2013 7:02:52 PM
I like EA, Alice:MR, Battlefield 3, NFS:HP. NFS:MW, MoH:WF, etc.
---
Why don't you go take a jog? Better yet, go kick some rocks.
Let me guess you have a blog, follow trends like it's your job.