This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do I buy games through Amazon?

#1pots555Posted 1/23/2013 3:41:47 PM
I pre-ordered Ni no Kuni and I am still waiting for it. Worst, it should be here next week. Are you kidding me? I have a game store two minutes from my house. I can get up, buy the game and sit back down again in 15 minutes. My beer will still be cold.

Why did I use Amazon? Last time...
#2OrangeSchweesePosted 1/23/2013 3:43:20 PM
Did you select Release Day shipping? I've never had a problem with Amazon. Could just be the courier.
#3huyiPosted 1/23/2013 4:11:26 PM
so why didn't you just do that? i prefer to just buy from the shop as amazon's prices (when adding delivery price) are the same as the high street anyway LOL
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#4Space_MonkyPosted 1/23/2013 4:16:49 PM
did you get it from Amazon themselves or from a business on Amazon?
did you get release day shipping?

If you got it directly from Amazon with release day shipping, call them up. i bet they will refund shipping costs or offer some sort of compensation.
---
The fiction will see the real.
#5wstfldPosted 1/23/2013 5:02:14 PM
The only time Amazon delivered a game late to me was after Sandy and I had no power for a week anyway, so it wasn't like I could play it.
---
Last Played: Civ 5 G&K (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD
#6crazyman32Posted 1/23/2013 5:04:42 PM
I have Amazon Prime so,of course I get free 2 day shipping and release day delivery.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#7Cobra1010Posted 1/23/2013 5:06:35 PM
I never order anything i cant wait from amazon. They times can vary, they somethings take forever but sometimes only days.

Im sure there are other sites that sells games for low prices and have exceptionally reliable shipping.

If you live in UK go to shopto.net. Alot of times next day but they say soemthing like if u dont recieve within 2 days you give u credit on ur account to use towards next purchases.
---
Playing: Nothing, maybe a bit of LoL. Am I getting old or are games this gen just mediocre?
--Yoichi Wada needs to be fired--
#8huyiPosted 1/23/2013 6:41:56 PM
Cobra1010 posted...
I never order anything i cant wait from amazon. They times can vary, they somethings take forever but sometimes only days.

Im sure there are other sites that sells games for low prices and have exceptionally reliable shipping.

If you live in UK go to shopto.net. Alot of times next day but they say soemthing like if u dont recieve within 2 days you give u credit on ur account to use towards next purchases.

agreed, shopto are great for getting games on release date even with the 1st class post.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#9AmyUnleashedPosted 1/23/2013 6:56:47 PM
huyi posted...
Cobra1010 posted...

agreed, shopto are great for getting games on release date even with the 1st class post.

Im from the UK and i have had issues with Shopto on two occasions getting my game, and due to there return policy getting refunded also took a while :(

Anyways TC Amazon is normally very reliable, in the past i always used 1st class delivary and got it on the day it would be released in the shops, sometimes even a day before if i was lucky.

It can just be a mistake from the postal service on why it has not arrived, when i used to live in Bournemouth the service from the royal mail there was f*****g auful getting my things lost on numorous occasions... So it may be a issue of where you live. On the plus side though although the post office staff didnt seem to give a f***, Amazon always either sent another copy to my work or gave me a full refund.

Anyway... check with you're post service, if they have not seen it (or in the back) then talk to Amazon about getting a refund and go buy it at that game shop you are close too.
#10pots555(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:57:48 PM
Space_Monky posted...
did you get it from Amazon themselves or from a business on Amazon?
did you get release day shipping?

If you got it directly from Amazon with release day shipping, call them up. i bet they will refund shipping costs or offer some sort of compensation.

I just got a message from customer service and they said that they indeed had troubles with the shipping. They are giving me a small refund. It is still not shipped, but at least they took the time to respond.