This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crytek buying the Homefront franchise means great things for it.Best news today.

#1zerooo0Posted 1/23/2013 5:12:35 PM
Homefront was a fun game in 2011, and personally my favorite new IP that year. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't extraordinary. The game was simply good. Now with Crytek in full creative control over it then hopefully they can give Homefront the game that it could have been.

Homefront to me seemed to have an identity crisis.(Like MoH:Warfighter) That it couldn't descide if it was BF, or CoD at times, but what it did had was a highly interesting idea that I hope sincerely that Crytek improves on.

Crytek I can't wait to see what ya do with Homefront 2. If only 2014 wasn't so far away:(
---
CoD>Dog Turd>Gaming Community>GFAQS Community
#2bsballa09Posted 1/23/2013 5:13:52 PM
Sega buying Relic is terrible. I wanted EA to buy it for a possible port of COH.
---
Lololol @ the Seahawks choking.
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 5:15:51 PM
bsballa09 posted...
Sega buying Relic is terrible. I wanted EA to buy it for a possible port of COH.

I would rather Sega buy Relic instead. Seems more fitting for Sega instead of EA.
---
#4VarronPosted 1/23/2013 5:16:32 PM
Wasn't that announced like back in late-2011, when they were confirmed to be making Homefront 2?
---
PSN: Snippuh
#5zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 5:17:49 PM
Varron posted...
Wasn't that announced like back in late-2011, when they were confirmed to be making Homefront 2?

Yes it was. I think Homefront 2 was possibly the first news of Next Gen consoles also. That it may be for Next Gen. I can be wrong on that though.
---
#6ArmedRebellionPosted 1/23/2013 5:24:52 PM
The smartest thing Crytek could do with Homefront 2 is to have it be a launch title on the Next Gen systems. I mean, let's face it - that's the only reason Resistance got any following at all. And Homefront was IMO much better than the Resistance series
---
"Give me liberty, or give me death!" - Patrick Henry
http://i50.tinypic.com/34h6pas.jpg http://i50.tinypic.com/23l7xx.jpg
#7GeassMasterPosted 1/23/2013 5:35:03 PM
Crytek was already developing Home-front 2, the only difference now is they don't have a publishers time limit in their face.
---
Now Playing: EDF 2017 Portable, P4G, Tera, Darkness 2, Ys Origin, Prince of Persia(2008), Metro 2033, DW: Gundam 2, Binary Domain
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#8jubjub360Posted 1/23/2013 5:35:35 PM
GeassMaster posted...
Crytek was already developing Home-front 2, the only difference now is they don't have a publishers time limit in their face.

Homefront.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:10~