This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you think they haven't made a Sailor Moon Video game?

#11thisranksPosted 1/23/2013 7:04:50 PM
Well, considering those of eastern based regionally challenged mentality generally agree that all western gamers don't like eastern based games and animation i think you already know the answer to this, but in fairness i will give you a neutral answer.

If it was cost effective enough to guarantee them making money they would no matter the region. That includes advertising because without it you aren't really trying to sell your product. You also need to sell it as a product that doesn't scream Japanese only. There are people who don't want region thrown in their faces. They are going to need to believe it was made with the global community in mind. That would be my advice.

You are fooling yourself if you don't believe there is an audience in the west for it, however. There are those of us in every region who crave to get their hands on any new experience regardless of where it is made.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#12majin nemesisPosted 1/23/2013 7:18:52 PM
it's probably because it doesn't have enough popularity due to being an old anime
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#13BeknessPosted 1/23/2013 7:36:53 PM
Nintendo DS isn't region locked, isn't the European one in English? I was looking it up on Ebay a while ago and goes for $70
---
Zachy Bear
#14Battleship_GrayPosted 1/23/2013 7:38:34 PM
Sailor Moon's popularity peaked 15 or so years ago in the 'States.
---
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/ http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#15sean2995Posted 1/23/2013 7:38:51 PM
majin nemesis posted...
it's probably because it doesn't have enough popularity due to being an old anime

DBZ is an old anime. The entire series is old. DB - DBGT
#16KatonPosted 1/23/2013 7:41:31 PM
Another Story would have been an awesome game to have localized, but yeah, there hasn't been much in quite some time. The series just isn't popular enough over here. Dragon Ball may be old, but its popularity has lasted.
---
"You can almost taste how much the Bubsy 3D makers hated the children of America," from Seanbaby's review of Bubsy 3D (EGM #150)
#17Evil_GogetaPosted 1/23/2013 7:45:36 PM
Its very popular but it would only make it to the 3DS, only primary school kids from 15+ years ago care about SM currently.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.
#18RoachmeatPosted 1/23/2013 7:46:05 PM
We just need Capcom to get their hands on the license.

Blame 'Tatsunoko vs Capcom' for me saying that, but seeing those agents from "G-Force"(Gatchaman) fighting again brought back some cool feelings from after-school cartoon blocks.

Society couldn't spook me from buying a Sailor Senshi fighting game these days. I'm already ashamed for having a favorite villain on Inuyasha thanks to [Adult Swim] and their re-airings.

Hint: It's Yura of the hair. My favorite Inuyasha villain is a comb..
#19DavCubePosted 1/23/2013 7:50:08 PM
Anime before the genre boomed in the west + Magical Girls = Wasn't gonna happen.

I'm just surprised there have been very few games SINCE that time. I mean, sure, magical girl animes seldom get games today that aren't just clones of casual games with the girls' faces slapped onto them, but c'mon, we're talking about THE magical girl anime here. Hell, it's getting a new project this year, it'd be the perfect time to capitalise.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#20majin nemesisPosted 1/23/2013 7:55:10 PM
sean2995 posted...
majin nemesis posted...

DBZ is an old anime. The entire series is old. DB - DBGT

well where i live Sailor Moon aired on TV years before Dragon Ball so for me Sailor Moon is older then Dragon Ball and let's not compare Dragon ball popularity with sailor moon's
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage