This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the wii and wii u getting all the jrpgs?

#61Sevi_neyPosted 1/23/2013 9:26:56 PM
Fire Emblem x SMT??

Say whaaaaaaaaat?? >: D

Oh and Fire Emblem has always ruled handheld srpg
---
as the resurrection of Bill Cosby, relinquish your pudding or perish at the backhand of Bill Cosbyeatindapuddin
#62greatone101Posted 1/23/2013 9:27:22 PM
A. TC is trolling
B. So what if Wii U is getting a JRPG or two
C. JRPGs sucked this gen and are on a decline where as wrpgs are getting better and beter.
#63BeknessPosted 1/23/2013 9:29:25 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
Bekness posted...
rofl, yeah. MICROSOFT STOLE FINAL FANTASY FROM US!!!

That made me so damn mad back when XI was announced as multiplat, and then again with XIII. I laughed my ass off when the sequel to XII came out as a Nintendo exclusive!

If the N64 had been a disc system, Final Fantasy would have likely remained a Nintendo exclusive. Development for FF VII actually started on the SNES.

Squaresoft were toying with pre-rendered backgrounds when development began due to how well the SNES handled that art style with DKC, and Square's own Super Mario RPG, which began development around the same time as FF VII.

Yeah, I read that a few years ago. Before FFXIII was released there was a feature in a magazine with all the numbered ones and the history of them and it mentioned they changed their mind on VII.

I have the Revenant Wings but I haven't played it yet. >_<
---
The correct answer was. Only one, Pong, as it was the pinnacle of gaming. - Godly_Goof
#64Sevi_neyPosted 1/23/2013 9:38:28 PM
greatone101 posted...
A. TC is trolling
B. So what if Wii U is getting a JRPG or two
C. JRPGs sucked this gen and are on a decline where as wrpgs are getting better and beter.

A. False
B. False

C. True that JRPGs sucked more in this gen then ever before, but I won't assume they're on a decline before I see a few years into next gen (must remain optimistic!) And WRPGs are becoming more difficult to refine since they're pretty much reliant on things like looting (which is addictive, but starting to wear off) copying from each other, stories that are either sort-of there, non-existent, or underwhelming, lack of useful choices, promising open-ended sandbox world that actually becomes linear midway through, etc.
---
as the resurrection of Bill Cosby, relinquish your pudding or perish at the backhand of Bill Cosbyeatindapuddin
#65Stanger5150Posted 1/23/2013 11:31:33 PM
Bekness posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
Bekness posted...
rofl, yeah. MICROSOFT STOLE FINAL FANTASY FROM US!!!

That made me so damn mad back when XI was announced as multiplat, and then again with XIII. I laughed my ass off when the sequel to XII came out as a Nintendo exclusive!

If the N64 had been a disc system, Final Fantasy would have likely remained a Nintendo exclusive. Development for FF VII actually started on the SNES.

Squaresoft were toying with pre-rendered backgrounds when development began due to how well the SNES handled that art style with DKC, and Square's own Super Mario RPG, which began development around the same time as FF VII.

Yeah, I read that a few years ago. Before FFXIII was released there was a feature in a magazine with all the numbered ones and the history of them and it mentioned they changed their mind on VII.

I have the Revenant Wings but I haven't played it yet. >_<

Revenant Wings is different to say the least. I usually hate RTS games, but in this one, it works for me. I love its art style, and it's definitely an under-appreciated game in the series.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Jak and Daxter, Mega Man X Collection, Yo! Noid, Batman Returns, Jaws"
#66moogle69Posted 1/24/2013 8:42:43 AM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Bekness posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Cobra1010 posted...
The wii has xenoblade chronicles and they will be getting fire emblem x SMT.

there was also the last story, pandora's tower, nintendo basically stole dragon quest, for a while tales of graces was an exclusive, but for jrpgs nintendo's handhelds take the cake for all the best jrpgs this gen minus ni ni no kini

That's not even true at all. Which RPGs does 3DS have? Kingdom Hearts DDD? Full of plot holes and the KH series just goes downhill every damn time. Except for Days, doubt their games can get any worse than that. Tales of the Abyss? A ps2 port?

DS has some good ones but it doesn't come close to PSP's library tbqh

And pandora's tower? A game where you feed a woman flesh to keep her alive? Great game.

I don't even care who "steals" from who, but Tales of Graces was on Nintendo, like you said, did Sony "steal" it?

sony didnt steal graces namco wanted to do an hd version and as we all no the wii was a standard def console. I take you dont keep tabs on the 3ds? off the top of my head

kingdom hearts DDD
Tales of the abyss
devil suvivor overclocked
dragon quest monsters terry's wonderland
Dragon quest 7 remake
bravery default
pokemon x y
soul hackers
code of princess
pokemon mystery dungeon
etrian odyssey 4

also lol at psp having better jrps than the ds the psp was a awesome hanheld but come on lol

I thimk you are arguing wuth a blind sony boy. Dd had horrinle rpgs because its not a sony system.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#67Chr0noidPosted 1/24/2013 10:15:28 AM
Nintendo really needs to stop hogging all the good JRPGs. I refuse to buy a Wii U regardless.
---
The official No One Cares What "Position" You Held On Some Message Board So Please Stop Putting That **** In Your Sig of GameFAQs.