This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomm Hulett leaves Konami

#11Saintman32190Posted 1/26/2013 5:01:09 PM(edited)
Some series used to be good, but ultimately needs to die because of the amount of crap sequels/games that came after the third iteration.

Silent Hill is one of them.
#12tack129Posted 1/26/2013 5:06:27 PM(edited)
It's not good news. There's more uncertainty as to where the franchise will head. 2012 was a horrid year for Silent Hill and I have a feeling with him gone things could get a lot more worse.

I saw him as the scrapegoat with regards to the series. Some fans do respect him but others absolutely hate him with a passion. Especially after the HD Collection. I think it's stupid to blame the HD Collection on one man when there were other problems associated with the ports such as the poor source code being used.
Downpour was a technical nightmare but it at least tried to stick to its roots unlike the recent Resident Evil games (except for maybe Revelations)

I also don't blame him for leaving. I honestly think some(not all) of the fans in that series are bat**** crazy. I'm surprised he didn't do it sooner.
---
PSN: tack129
#13Reiji Kido99Posted 1/26/2013 5:06:51 PM
tack129 posted...
It's not good news. There's more uncertainty as to where the franchise will head. 2012 was a horrid year for Silent Hill and I have a feeling with him gone things could get a lot more worse.

I disagree. I think change is what the series needs more than anything. I'm not saying it will magically get better (in fact I don't even expect it to), but in order for it even have a chance of getting better, change is drastically needed.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/reijikido99/tyra_shoulders.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/reijikido99/DannyDance2.gif
#14tack129Posted 1/26/2013 5:18:07 PM(edited)
Reiji Kido99 posted...
tack129 posted...

I disagree. I think change is what the series needs more than anything. I'm not saying it will magically get better (in fact I don't even expect it to), but in order for it even have a chance of getting better, change is drastically needed.

It may not change. You want Silent Hill to go back to Japan? It may or may not end up happening. What with Konami's recent happenings going on.

What if the producer whom replaces Tom is even worse?
He could be a non-fan of the series and change it into a dumbed down action series like what happened to Resident Evil.
He could be this rude obnoxious person whom makes you not want to touch another SH game again.

If anything you should at least be worried about its future. Not until Konami makes some moves.
---
#15Reiji Kido99Posted 1/26/2013 5:33:10 PM
tack129 posted...
Reiji Kido99 posted...
tack129 posted...

It may not change. You want Silent Hill to go back to Japan? It may or may not end up happening. What with Konami's recent happenings going on.

He could be a non-fan of the series and change it into a dumbed down action series like what happened to Resident Evil.
He could be this rude obnoxious person whom makes you not want to touch another SH game again.

If anything you should at least be worried about its future. Not until Konami makes some moves.

I agree with you that all of these are possibilities, but I still think it was the right call to oust Hulett, if for the simple reason that he was so unpopular with fans. At least it grants Konami the possibility of garnering interest in their next title, as fans will be curious to see what happens with the series now that Hulett is out.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/reijikido99/tyra_shoulders.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/reijikido99/DannyDance2.gif
#16tack129Posted 1/26/2013 5:37:31 PM
Reiji Kido99 posted...
tack129 posted...
Reiji Kido99 posted...
tack129 posted...

I agree with you that all of these are possibilities, but I still think it was the right call to oust Hulett, if for the simple reason that he was so unpopular with fans. At least it grants Konami the possibility of garnering interest in their next title, as fans will be curious to see what happens with the series now that Hulett is out.

He didn't get fired, he moved to Wayforward.
---
#17Reiji Kido99Posted 1/26/2013 5:41:50 PM(edited)
tack129 posted...

He didn't get fired, he moved to Wayforward.

Then he made the right call, for everyone involved.
---
#18MerisYakiPosted 1/26/2013 5:50:25 PM
Unreal Engine kills everything.