This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Platinum games interested in Darksiders

#21ChaingunmasterPosted 1/24/2013 2:06:43 AM
velvet_hammer posted...
Chaingunmaster posted...
So are they interested in the IP, do they want the team to join them, or both?

according to tweets from each other P* wants to hire some of the talent from vigil.. for a small studio P* makes a lot of games, they always seem busy

So they're not actually interested in the IP? They could probably name their price at this point.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#22velvet_hammerPosted 1/24/2013 2:07:01 AM
also you guys act like they cant do other games.. ever play okami? madworld?
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#23danny_S_06Posted 1/24/2013 2:14:18 AM
I'll shut up then, didn't realise that Clover was comprised mainly of current Platinum Games devs.
---
PSN: CaptainSellers (UK)
#24badboyPosted 1/24/2013 2:14:59 AM
Not a big fan of Platinum, but I'd rather have them get it than nobody.
#25SoliquidusPosted 1/24/2013 2:17:18 AM
Okami is actually one of my fave games of all time.

Even though I think Okami was amazing, I am not sure if PG can use the experience they had with Okami, and translate this into a Darksiders Sequel that properly adheres to the spirit and style of the series. The true essence of Darksiders. I am not even a Darksiders fan, but I would hate if the fans of the series lose what they love about it

If they go through with Darksiders 3, then I just hope that Kamiya is at the helm. I think Kamiya has the best chance of capturing the essence of the series, seeing he was at the helm of Okami

Would definitely be interesting to see what happens
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#26RomanBlade00Posted 1/24/2013 2:27:38 AM
How would they be able to afford it?
---
PSN: romanblade86
#27ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/24/2013 2:51:05 AM
This would be amazing. But I guess they don't have the money to do this.
#28TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/24/2013 3:59:17 AM
I wanted WB to buy it, but this would be even better. I hope MGR sells like hot-cakes, allowing them to do this.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#29HorrorSindicatePosted 1/24/2013 4:05:31 AM
Darksiders with GOOD combat? What a novel idea.

That series' biggest problem is the slow, plodding, idiot, combat.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#30Reginleif20Posted 1/24/2013 4:11:49 AM
Interesting. Given how great Anarchy Reigns and Bayonetta is, Darksiders can only improve. For one thing, they can bring the awesomeness of Bayonetta's boss fights to Darksiders which I found in Darksiders 2 to be lacking especially the anti-climactic final boss. Should it happen though, I hope Darksiders wouldn't lose it's identity like CV:LoS
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it