This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Space 3 Demo Thoughts

#1Crimson SkysPosted 1/23/2013 10:12:02 PM
I'm a big fan of the first couple Dead Space games (the first game a little more than the second) and I was really looking forward to the third Dead Space, but after playing the demo I'm now thinking I might not buy the third game. From the look of the demo it seems like they really lost sight of what made the first couple games good.

The Dead Space series is supposed to be an Event Horizon-esque horror game but with Dead Space 3 it looks like they've RE6ed it. RE6 wasn't a bad game by any means but with RE6 they took a good horror series and turned it into a mediocre action shooter, which seems like what's going to happen with Dead Space 3.

Instead of dark hallways with strobe lights we get aliens popping out of snow which is just very cliche and uninspired. Yes, the dark hallways with strobe lights are cliche but in a good way because that's what the developers meant to portray. The game was supposed to be reminiscent of a classic horror movie. Monsters popping out of the snow and stuff like that is just bad game design IMO.

I'm not trying to be a troll or anything so I'm open to criticism, that's just what my thoughts were after playing the demo. I'm really hoping the demo was just a small part of an overall great game but so far I'm kinda disappointed.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#2TheMcKnightMarePosted 1/23/2013 10:16:58 PM
I'm almost afraid to say this for fear of being verbally assaulted... But as a huge fan of the series.. I came in with low, LOW expectations.... And was actually pleasantly surprised
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightMare
#3jrr18Posted 1/23/2013 10:19:09 PM
Dead Space 3=Day one buy
---
Victory over Capcom the game demon through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#4TheMcKnightMarePosted 1/23/2013 10:21:46 PM
jrr18 posted...
Dead Space 3=Day one buy

Got mine reserved girlfriend!
---
#5jrr18Posted 1/23/2013 10:22:47 PM
TheMcKnightMare posted...
jrr18 posted...
Dead Space 3=Day one buy

I'm a dude!
---
Victory over Capcom the game demon through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#6TheMcKnightMarePosted 1/23/2013 10:23:25 PM
jrr18 posted...
jrr18 posted...
Dead Space 3=Day one buy

I'm a dude!

Stop it!
---
#7AjescentPosted 1/23/2013 10:31:46 PM
jrr18 posted...
jrr18 posted...
Dead Space 3=Day one buy

I'm a dude!

I bet you do it like a dude as well.
---
I survived the Apocalyps3 and the Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.
http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Ajescent
#8Project-CanaanPosted 1/23/2013 10:32:30 PM
I didn't like the demo my first time around, but I'm going to give it another shot.
#9LtMessiahDM504Posted 1/24/2013 1:37:38 AM
The demo saved me $65 so I was happy with them releasing it.
#10PsychoDrama1Posted 1/24/2013 1:48:20 AM
as a big fan of the first 2 games, i didn't enjoy it that much :(
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals