This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any games like Monster Hunter?

#11Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 1/24/2013 12:52:37 AM
Good to know. I had my friend bring me MHP3rd from Japan but I was overwhelmed by the symbols. I will dive into Monster Hunter Tri so I can figure out the basics. It's my first Monster Hunter game.
#12awesomesauce13Posted 1/24/2013 1:37:04 AM
Demon's Souls bosses remind me a lot of Monster Hunter, as well as the weapon upgrading system. The rest of the gameplay not so much though
#13viajarvPosted 1/24/2013 1:37:10 AM
It's Demon's Souls/ Dark Souls. 3rd person with precise controls that emphasizes positioning and includes fights with enormous bosses.
#14VerkinsPosted 1/24/2013 1:38:48 AM
Phantasy Star Online 2.
#15doraemonllh1989Posted 1/24/2013 1:53:34 AM
megaultrarice34 posted...
lol, the new Monolith game for the Wii U.

:')

nnooooo wai u mention ;____;
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#16schadowPosted 1/24/2013 2:22:39 AM
megaultrarice34 posted...
lol, the new Monolith game for the Wii U.

:')

Nobody knows anything about this game yet, except two minutes of footage. Maybe we should hit the brakes a little.
---
MageofBlood391 posted...
GameFAQs: Because if all else fails, you can always argue semantics.
#17Evil_GogetaPosted 1/24/2013 2:32:17 AM
Verkins posted...
Phantasy Star Online 2.

Only in terms of attacking, and even then its pretty much like its predecessor.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.
#18no2morroPosted 1/24/2013 6:58:08 AM
Depends what you mean.

If you mean combat style...then Demon's Souls and Dark Souls (in terms of the slower more strategic striking).

If you mean in terms of semi epic boss hunting/fighting, then Ragnarok Odyssey, Phantasy Star, and God Eater.

To be quite honest, there isn't a hell of a lot like it. Then again, Monster Hunter isn't even what it was (with the cat battle comrades and the farms). In some ways it better, but most of the monsters are cake now (I started on MHF and MH Dos, and the most recent games I've played are MH Tri and MHP3rd). The series is still solid, but I honestly didn't mind Ragnarok too much.

Might pick up MH3G on 3DS in March.

Anyways, to reiterate, there isn't a lot that is specifically like it (Demon's Souls boss fights are much shorter in comparison, but you stand to lose more if you screw up, plus there's no 3 chances stuff).
---
The pendulum swing, in OUR engagement, ETERNAL engagement,
will never swing YOUR way --Valentin - Lurking in Shadows - 2012
#19OfficerTJHookaPosted 1/24/2013 6:59:31 AM
Borderlands 2
---
"You're a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity. Farewell."
#20Haigicotsu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:16:27 PM
Bump.

Dark Souls is looking like the best choice so far, since I'm not too big on importing.

Anymore suggestions?
---
UMVC3 --Nemesis/Phoenix Wright/ Akuma