This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New PS4 spec leak from 'official' internal document

#31DevilStriderPosted 1/24/2013 4:47:41 PM
Shineboxer posted...
Meh

Developers are gonna focus on graphics even more should this ever come out

Too bad you still won't get games with townz.

LOL. Hell you might not even get much game-play. They are going to try to make interactive movies more and more.
---
kcypher2000: "Btw i pirate and i don't give a damn what you think about it. At the end of the day you are paying to play what i get for free."
#32ExtremeLightPosted 1/24/2013 4:55:59 PM
Raven-Z posted...
The specifications of PlayStation 4 developer kits from January 2013 have reportedly been revealed by official Sony documentation leaked to Kotaku.

In addition, the information - which is said to be provided by the same person who attempted to sell a pair of next gen Xbox development kits on eBay last year - supposedly reveals plans for a new controller and a fresh approach to user accounts.
The PS4 specs

System Memory: 8GB DDR3
Video Memory: 2.2 GB GDDR5
CPU: 4x Dual-Core AMD64 "Bulldozer" (so, 8x cores)
GPU: AMD R10xx Series
Ports: 4x USB 3.0, 2x Ethernet
Drive: Blu-Ray
HDD: 160GB
Audio Output: HDMI & Optical, 2.0, 5.1 & 7.1 channels

As we revealed last week, Sony is working on a new controller for PS4, although some developers are said to be working with - and dev kits support - existing Sixaxis and DualShock 3 pads, as well as PS Move.

The new controller is believed to retain the four traditional face buttons, two analogue sticks and shoulder triggers of older PlayStation pads, as well as vibration and improved motion-sensing. But it's also said to feature a capacitive touch pad, like that found on the back of Vita, capable of recognising two-point multi-touch.

In addition, the controller itself can reportedly be "clicked" to make an additional input button, and also features a new "Share" button. While this button's purpose is unclear, it may be linked to a new user account system.

According to Kotaku, PS4 will support "multi-user simultaneous logins", allowing multiple users to be signed into accounts simultaneously on a single console, meaning that they could all unlock Trophies while playing a co-op game.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/388007/ps4-specs-new-controller-and-account-system-reportedly-leaked/

I really hope these specs turn out to be true. DAT RAM.

-leaked... People just can't wait till May can't they lol.

-Oh sneaky.

-I'm interested what is Video Memory? Like actual Video? Loving the CPU/GPU.
2x ethernet??? Like what we can double our speed or something?
I'm loving the 4x UBS ports. On my PS3 slim I have the Move controller charging and the eye camera but then I need another controller charged up. Lmao.
Wow the 160 GB is a step down. I was hoping for something like 400 or something. At least bigger than my 320 GB Slim.
Can we still use the AV Cable???

-New Controllers. I'm expecting similar to the one we got now. Also the controller remind me of these two: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgieN2IskJBYao_-zVsdxNjWzKOfw1i3jT6Al_ymu6zRPt_x9o
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6YJXKeytWD1ndRv8c3XADoRf2amB01d41b70Byg7oVP0bg1w7ig
First one could be more accurate but spacing is off. Second one look realistic but there is no back buttons. I'm expecting something like the second one though.

-Multi-user logins. Wouldn't that like confuse friends or something. Also there are not many Co-Op games to play.

I'm still hoping that they increase the number of friends we can have and do Home 2.0.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#33CaptainzPlanetzPosted 1/24/2013 8:23:25 PM
Pretty nice specs, and with 4gb of DDR5 ram that is usually only used for GPU memory, it will be pretty nice, it is rumored that the xbox will use 8gb of ddr3 but 3gb of that is for the operating system to be able to run ads during games LOL
#34OrangeSchweesePosted 1/24/2013 8:26:49 PM
CaptainzPlanetz posted...
3gb of that is for the operating system to be able to run ads during games LOL

wouldn't surprise me at all
#35kingofjamaicaPosted 1/24/2013 9:51:39 PM
kingofjamaica posted...
Errrr....4 gigs is awful. 16 gigs minimum is the sweet spot.

16GB is complete overkill unless you're actually developing games or editing movies and such. For gaming, there's no need to go over 8GB.

Additionally, its 4GB of DDR5 RAM, wich is pretty fast stuff from what I can tell.

We were talking about system memory for a PC. There's no reason to get anything other than 8GB if you plan on doing any gaming. You'll never hit 8GB, but there's a decent chance you'll top 4GB.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.