This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

dmc or metal gear rissing

#1shads3055Posted 1/24/2013 7:20:42 AM
Even though mg is harder and controls are strange I'm doing with mg
#2ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/24/2013 7:31:03 AM
MGR, duh.
#3superbowl54Posted 1/24/2013 7:43:23 AM(edited)
Usually, if you listen to the guy above me, you'll be mired in mediocrity like he's been all his life, but in this case, both are amazing, though wildly different despite being in the same genre.

I wouldn't recommend switching back and forth between them.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#4NicoGrimmPosted 1/24/2013 7:36:29 AM
DmC is more in line with DMC and Bayo style games.
MGR seems to be all about parrying. Far as I know, there's no dodge, which is weird. hough, the bos fights in MGR are really fun.

I, personally like DmC more.
---
Somebody tell me, tell me, tell me, when will I learn? I love it and I leave it and I watch it burn! Damn this wild young heart!
#5IamthekuzalolPosted 1/24/2013 7:41:34 AM
MGR of course.
#6-Crazy_Dude-Posted 1/24/2013 7:42:11 AM
NicoGrimm posted...
DmC is more in line with DMC and Bayo style games.
MGR seems to be all about parrying. Far as I know, there's no dodge, which is weird. hough, the bos fights in MGR are really fun.

I, personally like DmC more.

You can dodge, it's Square and X at the same time. The tutorial for the demo doesn't really allude to anything apart from the slicing mechanics.
#7NicoGrimmPosted 1/24/2013 7:48:38 AM
Ha. Had no idea, thanks!

The way you do different moves in MGR seems pretty crazy. Some motions are almost like fighting game moves.
---
Somebody tell me, tell me, tell me, when will I learn? I love it and I leave it and I watch it burn! Damn this wild young heart!
#8ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/24/2013 8:28:32 AM
superbowl54 posted...
Usually, if you listen to the guy above me, you'll be mired in mediocrity like he's been all his life, but in this case, both are amazing, though wildly different despite being in the same genre.

I wouldn't recommend switching back and forth between them.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC

Someone made a funny!
#9You_Need_A_LifePosted 1/24/2013 8:31:03 AM
I'd go with DmC. The combat seems like it's got more depth, with the on-the-fly weapon-switching, and the controls felt more smooth and responsive to me.

That and I don't really like the sci-fi setting and nature of Rising.
#10toadiemanPosted 1/24/2013 8:33:12 AM
MGR. Platinum ftw.
---
PSN: toadieman