This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What game mechanics stuck with you?

#11PhewfusPosted 1/24/2013 10:02:08 AM
The combo move to fire Minion's Special in Twisted Metal 2: up down up up R2. and I haven't played that game in years.
#12TheMcKnightMarePosted 1/24/2013 10:14:10 AM
Every time I play a new fighting game... The first thing I do is attempt a HADOUKEN!!!!
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightMare
#13Godly_GoofPosted 1/24/2013 10:18:00 AM
TheMcKnightMare posted...
Every time I play a new fighting game... The first thing I do is attempt a HADOUKEN!!!!

Lol yup this XD. I just play every fighting game as if it had Ryu/Sakuras button inputs lol. I have mixed results...
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#14Pato468Posted 1/24/2013 10:31:29 AM
Not really a game mechanix, but... A C up B up B A down

The code for the secret menus in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for the Sega Genesis. I don't think I have used any cheats in around 13, 14 years, but I still remember that one...as a matter of fact I had thought about it in quiiiite a while, but it came back in a flash the second I focused
#15Pato468Posted 1/24/2013 10:34:40 AM
Not really a game mechanix, but... A C up B up B A down

The code for the secret menus in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for the Sega Genesis. I don't think I have used any cheats in around 13, 14 years, but I still remember that one...as a matter of fact I had thought about it in quiiiite a while, but it came back in a flash the second I focused
#16You_Need_A_LifePosted 1/24/2013 11:23:41 AM
OrangeSchweese posted...
Oh, you were talking about IRL.

I never caught that. Yeah, I don't think in game-terms in reality.
#17FiendingHardPosted 1/24/2013 11:24:53 AM
As a platformer fan, I love the sheer joy of jumping from platform to platform. Sadly, not too many of those experiences this gen.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Anarchy Reigns, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#18faris_ruhiPosted 1/24/2013 11:58:02 AM

Definitely this.

IRL though, none.

Oh and everytime I load a street fighter game, I end up pressing select, up, right, up, right select and select, up, up, right, up, right up, select.

Played the heck out of Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha on PS1 and those were the character and mode unlock codes (in case you didn't have a save on the system). It just became second nature to do as soon as the game loaded up.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4