This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ni no Kuni is truly a special game

#1Dark World RulerPosted 1/24/2013 8:58:56 AM
Every detail of it from the gameplay, music, visuals, story, and so on are crafted with such care. It's one of the few JRPGs since the PS2 that has really achieved excellence. Im also surprised how likable the cast is, especially Drippy that adds so much to the story. It also feels like one amazing animated film with how nicely the animated scenes and graphics blend together as you go through the game.

I just have to applaud Level 5 for showing again after Dragon Quest VIII that they are true masters of the genre. SE should take note
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2toadiemanPosted 1/24/2013 9:00:18 AM
Agreed.
---
PSN: toadieman
#3SixSixSevenEighPosted 1/24/2013 9:00:28 AM
These topics are becoming extremely boring and predictable...
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
PSN: liam6678
#4PhaseBlackPosted 1/24/2013 9:02:24 AM
Dark World Ruler posted...
Every detail of it from the gameplay, music, visuals, story, and so on are crafted with such care. It's one of the few JRPGs since the PS2 that has really achieved excellence. Im also surprised how likable the cast is, especially Drippy that adds so much to the story. It also feels like one amazing animated film with how nicely the animated scenes and graphics blend together as you go through the game.

I just have to applaud Level 5 for showing again after Dragon Quest VIII that they are true masters of the genre. SE should take note

Exactly my thoughts
---
PSVita & 3DS
#5OrangeSchweesePosted 1/24/2013 9:03:05 AM
Everything about it is great, except for how grindy it is.
#6I_caught_firePosted 1/24/2013 9:03:18 AM
SixSixSevenEigh posted...

I was just gonna say this. I'm a fan of the game and even I think there is an overabundance of the same topics.

STAHP.
---
We drown in pneumonia, not rivers and streams.
#7GeassMasterPosted 1/24/2013 9:08:44 AM
It's a great example of how the Japanese video game audience is slowly going in the garbage.
---
Now Playing: EDF 2017 Portable, P4G, Tera, Darkness 2, Ys Origin, Prince of Persia(2008), Metro 2033, DW: Gundam 2, Binary Domain
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#8namethatno1usesPosted 1/24/2013 9:10:40 AM
I_caught_fire posted...
SixSixSevenEigh posted...

I was just gonna say this. I'm a fan of the game and even I think there is an overabundance of the same topics.

STAHP.

Still better than Dark/Demon's Souls topics. But I agree. Stop.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane
#9badboyPosted 1/24/2013 9:32:13 AM
Indeed, it's one of the best.
#10KlobziPosted 1/24/2013 10:48:04 AM
This is what I want JRPGs to be. Not the crap that Final Fantasy has turned into.
With Ni no Kuni out, next up in line is Persona 5!