This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People whine about Capcom and their DLC, but they're actually pretty good...

#1mmpepsiPosted 1/24/2013 10:02:09 AM
People whine and whine about on disc DLC that Capcom does sometimes, but consider this:

The on disc DLC is most of the time just things like costumes, content that is not at all essential to the game.

Also keep in mind Capcom has yet to start using online passes.

Not to mention they haven't started using the worst thing of all: Season Passes which makes it obvious content is being held back from the game for any company that does use them, and they're essentially selling you a $90 game.

So in the end Capcom is far from the worst and they're in fact one of the better companies.
#2Impaired MedicPosted 1/24/2013 10:07:45 AM
Such tiresome topics you make.
---
PSN: Impaired_Medic
#3MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 1/24/2013 10:08:56 AM
It doesn't matter to me whether they're the worst company or not. They're below the line I draw for acceptable scamminess. Well below.
#4JohnHitman47Posted 1/24/2013 10:10:07 AM
Capcom it the worst with DLC, but not the worst company.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#5mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 10:14:11 AM
People that whine about them don't look at it logically.

Go buy your $30-$40 season passes though and keep complaining about Capcoms DLC practices.
#6true_gamer80Posted 1/24/2013 10:17:26 AM
the ppl that seem to spend a hell of alot more time whining and complaining every single day are the worst imo. I mean so many here constantly are whining, complaining and just being negative I question why or if you even game. Seems like some of you need a new hobby, its wierd there really doesnt seem to be many actual gamers at a site for gaming.....its turned into a site for whining brats to complain abut everything, most of the time without experiencing what is being complained....
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#7NicoGrimmPosted 1/24/2013 10:17:52 AM
Say what you will about their DLC practices, they're still one of the better game (especially fighting) developers we have.

I'm willing to deal with the "oh so terrible" costume DLCs as long as they keep releasing games liek MVC3 and Street Fighter.

Heck, even Dragon's Dogma and Asura's Wrath are great.
---
Somebody tell me, tell me, tell me, when will I learn? I love it and I leave it and I watch it burn! Damn this wild young heart!
#8AlltraPosted 1/24/2013 10:26:13 AM(edited)
It's not about the quality of the DLC, it's how much you have to pay for it. It's not worth the price they're charging.

..and they aren't "One of the better companies" either, because the "Better Companies" don't use DLC at all. They don't have to, because their games are awesome and don't need a bunch of tacked on content, and they don't need to nickle and dime their fans to make money. They give us more for our money, not less.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#9You_Need_A_LifePosted 1/24/2013 10:21:24 AM
mmpepsi posted...
The on disc DLC is most of the time just things like costumes, content that is not at all essential to the game.

Y'know what we, gamers, used to call that? "Unlockables."

mmpepsi posted...
So in the end Capcom is far from the worst and they're in fact one of the better companies.

I certainly wouldn't say "better." I feel incredibly ripped off to pay $60 for a game, have $40 worth on content already present on the disc, and have to pay additional money to access it. It's fraud.

However, I will say this: they're games fun and rank high on the quality scale. They just have very shady business practices.
#10rodwipeisdeadPosted 1/24/2013 10:22:53 AM
They've done nothing to screw me over. I think it's just fighting game fans that get annoyed.

Would this be a good time for one of those "the nineties called" jokes?
---
What are all these knobs for?
To put their hands in the air.