This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People whine about Capcom and their DLC, but they're actually pretty good...

#41jrr18Posted 1/24/2013 12:21:05 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
I'm not kidding.

It was either Namco or NIS with one of their Atelier/Hyperdimension/wtf-ever titles.

You were literally able to buy gold and experience packs.

Namco you just made my list!
---
Victory over Namco destroyer of games through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#42theshovellerPosted 1/24/2013 12:23:52 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
I'm not kidding.

It was either Namco or NIS with one of their Atelier/Hyperdimension/wtf-ever titles.

I think I know which one you're talking about - I think it might be that Mugen Souls thing. I know Record of Agarest War had some stuff like that, and I don't think Hyperdimension Neptunia had actual experience and gold for sale (at least the first one), but you could buy "stat boosters" to directly make their stats better, which is damn near the same thing.

I'm fine with costumes and crap, but stuff like that? I think it's a bit too far.
#43SigmaHacielPosted 1/24/2013 12:26:17 PM
Being "optional" doesn't excuse it.

That isn't the point. The point of it is, it is a microtransaction model. It is effectively a sneaky way to make the game seem P2W.

It is no longer enough to put out a good solid game and get profits on that. Oh no. We have to nickel and dime the consumers that BUILT the industry. Lets screw them over because they don't know any better.
#44JahkeemyorkPosted 1/24/2013 12:26:25 PM
jrr18 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
I'm not kidding.

Namco you just made my list!

$hat's Namco

Aksys is bad too

$7 for one character

Multi versions of same game

But my favorite is..

Charging money $2 to hear a PREVIEW of one song
#45Fear the MONKEYPosted 1/24/2013 12:28:30 PM
NicoGrimm posted...
Say what you will about their DLC practices, they're still one of the better game (especially fighting) developers we have.

I'm willing to deal with the "oh so terrible" costume DLCs as long as they keep releasing games liek MVC3 and Street Fighter.

Heck, even Dragon's Dogma and Asura's Wrath are great.

need i remind you about the whole issue of Umvc3 (which was released what, 10 months or so after mvc3? basically "forcing" people to buy the game twice). dont even get me started on street fighter 4, super street fighter 4, and ssf4AE. ugh.

i think most people hate on capcom because it seems like they'd rather rip off the customer any way they can, rather than make quality, long lasting, complete games from the start (charging for dlc characters and costumes? really? those used to be free in previous gens, included in the full game). but in reality, its just business. of course theyre more focused on the green than their customers. pretty much all the big companies are (ea, activision, even apple but thats a separate issue...). i guess it has more to do with us gamers, and our expectations of what a game company should be, based on the glory days of capcom, square, and others that have gone...we'll say south.

all that, topped with other little things like the direction resident evil has taken, canceling a couple mega man games, feeling that DmC needed a reboot, not focusing on other more deserving titles, implementing an "always on" check for final fight on psn, etc. just add fuel to the fire when it comes to hating the direction capcom has gone.
---
psn id: FearTheMonkey
#46secondhand1Posted 1/24/2013 1:11:04 PM
Alltra posted...
Let's get one thing clear here with this whole "Entitlement" business.

You've got game companies out here offering up equally good games, yet one game charges you extra for Costumes, and one let's you unlock them via game play because they're included with your purchase. Which one has more value?

That's all I have to say about that.

I'm not quite sure what you think you've cleared up, but it certainly isn't the business of entitlement.

What you should get clear is the only thing that is included in your purchase is what the publishers decide is included in your purchase.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#47secondhand1Posted 1/24/2013 1:15:04 PM
Fear the MONKEY posted...

need i remind you about the whole issue of Umvc3 (which was released what, 10 months or so after mvc3? basically "forcing" people to buy the game twice). dont even get me started on street fighter 4, super street fighter 4, and ssf4AE. ugh.

I realize you used quotes, but nobody is forcing you to do anything.

i think most people hate on capcom because it seems like they'd rather rip off the customer any way they can, rather than make quality, long lasting, complete games from the start (charging for dlc characters and costumes? really? those used to be free in previous gens, included in the full game). but in reality, its just business. of course theyre more focused on the green than their customers. pretty much all the big companies are (ea, activision, even apple but thats a separate issue...). i guess it has more to do with us gamers, and our expectations of what a game company should be, based on the glory days of capcom, square, and others that have gone...we'll say south.

Most people hate Capcom because they don't understand how the grown up world works.

all that, topped with other little things like the direction resident evil has taken, canceling a couple mega man games, feeling that DmC needed a reboot, not focusing on other more deserving titles, implementing an "always on" check for final fight on psn, etc. just add fuel to the fire when it comes to hating the direction capcom has gone.

So in other words, selfish, subjective, whiny BS?
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#48BillbertGundamPosted 1/25/2013 7:00:11 AM
DLC not locked on disc = good.
DLC locked on disc = bad.

I don't understand people.
---
Gundam Extreme Versus, my favorite fighting game ever. That's right, FIGHTING game.
#49servb0tsPosted 1/25/2013 7:26:05 AM
mmpepsi posted...
People whine and whine about on disc DLC that Capcom does sometimes, but consider this:

The on disc DLC is most of the time just things like costumes, content that is not at all essential to the game.

Also keep in mind Capcom has yet to start using online passes.

Not to mention they haven't started using the worst thing of all: Season Passes which makes it obvious content is being held back from the game for any company that does use them, and they're essentially selling you a $90 game.

So in the end Capcom is far from the worst and they're in fact one of the better companies.

RE5 disagrees with that opinion.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
If PS4 Bans Used Games, It will Die Faster than PSPGO. Like ET
#50Bestia_SomniaPosted 1/25/2013 7:31:20 AM
servb0ts posted...
mmpepsi posted...
People whine and whine about on disc DLC that Capcom does sometimes, but consider this:

The on disc DLC is most of the time just things like costumes, content that is not at all essential to the game.

Also keep in mind Capcom has yet to start using online passes.

Not to mention they haven't started using the worst thing of all: Season Passes which makes it obvious content is being held back from the game for any company that does use them, and they're essentially selling you a $90 game.

So in the end Capcom is far from the worst and they're in fact one of the better companies.

RE5 disagrees with that opinion.

RE5 doesn't have an online pass