This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever bought a used game just to not support the company?

#11theshovellerPosted 1/24/2013 1:33:11 PM
I buy used if I can't find it new, but that's about it. I mean, if I'm buying the game, then I obviously think the product they made is worthy of being supported - at least once. I've been burned a few times, but I find it to be a failing of the game, and not the people who developed or published the game.
#12LitCandlez(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 1:33:51 PM
thesnoopmeister posted...
Nonsense. Name me a single video game company that is a registered charity. Money is all.

Valve cares about their fans and makes money.
---
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
I have a vita. PSN-LitCandles
#13justchill433Posted 1/24/2013 1:35:11 PM
No. If you actually do this then you are a sad POS. Have some self control. If you hate a company that much then you don't get to play it. Seriously, its like going on strike but still asking for pay.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#14656stoogePosted 1/24/2013 1:37:16 PM
justchill433 posted...
No. If you actually do this then you are a sad POS. Have some self control. If you hate a company that much then you don't get to play it. Seriously, its like going on strike but still asking for pay.

*Looks at Dead Space 2 sitting on shelf*

Ummm....I'm pretty sure I do.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#15Kai101xPosted 1/24/2013 1:40:14 PM
I don't think about a company when I'm buying games. If I like it, I'll get it.
#16JoveHackPosted 1/24/2013 1:51:42 PM
I got Resident Evil 1: Director's Cut and Resident Evil 2 used for the PS2. Like them so much I got Resident Evil 3: Nemesis new for the PC and hated what they had done to the series.

Resident Evil Code: Veronica X was just as bad in a different way.

Didn't get RE4 until it was free as part of a deal. Played it a bunch, but that probably puts me even with Capcom at this point.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#17Chocobo115Posted 1/24/2013 1:58:54 PM
kinda.
I buy Wii games used since Nintendo never drops the prices.
#18MegaMettaurPosted 1/24/2013 2:02:48 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
...You people do realize used games do NOT hurt a single damn thing, right?

Another ignorant consumer. Your used purchase hurts the developers because it shows that you're willing to buy the game, but not willing to pay the developers. What kind of bull is that?
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2
#19PHEEliNUXPosted 1/24/2013 2:03:19 PM
Nope, But i would do it if they actually sell used good games of companies i hate here
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#20DefYouthPosted 1/24/2013 2:10:27 PM
Never have but my show of hatred for certain games and/or companies rarely strays outside internet forums.
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis