This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever bought a used game just to not support the company?

#21Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 1/24/2013 2:11:33 PM
Sure but then you can't complain when they don't make Mega Man Legends or something later on.
#22HwoarangExpert1Posted 1/24/2013 2:12:05 PM
no , I avoid buying used games, since i know you guys like to rub your junk all over the games before you trade them in
---
PSN - Ziaro_7
#23jrr18Posted 1/24/2013 2:12:25 PM
LitCandlez posted...
thesnoopmeister posted...
Nonsense. Name me a single video game company that is a registered charity. Money is all.

Valve cares about their fans and makes money.

True but there dumb I mean how else can you explain them not being able to count to 3?
---
Victory over Namco destroyer of games through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#24Nextgengamer666Posted 1/24/2013 2:14:39 PM
Yes. I bought FFXIII and XIII-2 used to spite SE. I'll only ever buy KH games new.
---
"Tom Hardy's gangster made my gangster look like Mary Poppins." -Michael Caine
PSN: JaxsemReborn
#25Mattywright77Posted 1/24/2013 2:16:45 PM
este914 posted...
I buy my games NEW for the series and producers I REALLY care about. And I buy my games USED when it's something I'm not too keen on buying initially or I just want to get it for cheap. I dont buy out of 'spite' for any reason.

This ftw.
---
Now playing:Bulletstorm, Bayonetta, MGS2HD Missions, Uncharted.
#26DefYouthPosted 1/24/2013 2:17:51 PM
The only reason I've ever bought a used game is because they're cheaper and/or I couldn't buy a new one.
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#27DocDeliciousPosted 1/24/2013 2:30:18 PM
I buy all games new, except for older titles they no longer make.

Never have I had a grudge against, or "hated", a Developer. It's ridiculous. They're supplying me with more of my favorite pass time. If they put out a game I don't like, I don't buy it at all. Simple as that.
---
DmC, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, Mass Effect Trilogy, Disgaea, Valkyria Chronicles, King's Field, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU, Chrono Cross
PSN: DocDelicious
#28VandorLeePosted 1/24/2013 2:31:20 PM
I laugh when theres some gaming fanatic like "support the developers".

Go save the environment or hug a tree or something. Ill find the absolute cheapest method of playing the game, sometimes getting it free by simply renting with a code and could care less about the poor poor developers.
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"
#29twa556Posted 1/24/2013 2:34:40 PM
Capcom
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBnuVfx8uVA&list
Typical example of Anime^
#30riddlebox89Posted 1/24/2013 2:38:24 PM(edited)
I buy most of my games new, like games that are just coming out that I'm really interested in, games that are coming out that I'm kinda interested in but not really, I wait on them until they're cheaper, games that were released over a year ago I buy used.

MegaMettaur posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
...You people do realize used games do NOT hurt a single damn thing, right?

Another ignorant consumer. Your used purchase hurts the developers because it shows that you're willing to buy the game, but not willing to pay the developers. What kind of bull is that?

Perhaps you're the ignorant one, as someone with a functional brain would've figured out that they get paid for every single copy of the game before it's even on store shelves, yeah that used copy of Just Cause 2 I bought just a couple weeks ago for $20? It was already paid for before it even found its way to a GameStop shelf.

And then there's games that aren't even in print anymore so you have no choice but to buy used, are people satanists for buying them used as well!?

Buying used games doesn't hurt a damn thing, unless of course you can come up with some proof that people buying a used copy of a game actually damaged said games sales.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.