This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever bought a used game just to not support the company?

#31RobotPirteGhostPosted 1/24/2013 1:38:26 PM
I usually only buy used if I can't find a new copy.

Though if NCSoft started making console games, I would buy them used to spite the company because I hate them with every fiber of my being.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#32soccerd19Posted 1/24/2013 1:48:04 PM
not yet but i plan to with the rest of bethesda's games. i pre ordered skyrim and it was a buggy mess and then all the crap with the DLC just went to far.

i will more then likely get it at a real low price for the games on my computer.
#33TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/24/2013 1:49:54 PM
Asura's Wrath, for Capcom making the ending paid DLC.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#34Video_Game_CzarPosted 1/24/2013 1:50:15 PM
No. The only time I buy used is if I can't find it new. I try and pre-order things I know I going to like...But theres many titles that slip through the cracks and then I have to buy used.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#35JohnHitman47Posted 1/24/2013 2:06:16 PM
Yes, capcom games i like some of their games but i don't support on-disk dlc so i buy all their games used.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#36DocDeliciousPosted 1/24/2013 2:20:05 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Buying used games doesn't hurt a damn thing, unless of course you can come up with some proof that people buying a used copy of a game actually damaged said games sales.

That's some weird logic.

You have two people, two copies of a game.
Person "A" buys a game new. Sells it back to game store at a later date.
Person "B" comes along and buys that same game, used.
The second copy sits on the shelves.
The developers have been paid for two copies.
Because of the constant cycle of games coming in and out the store always has this game in stock and does not need to order more.

Again, two people, two copies.
Person "A" and "B" both buy a game new.
Store runs out of stock and must order two more from developer.
Developer has been paid for four games.
---
DmC, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, Mass Effect Trilogy, Disgaea, Valkyria Chronicles, King's Field, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU, Chrono Cross
PSN: DocDelicious
#37wesker741Posted 1/24/2013 2:23:16 PM
Yeah, if they're published by EA
---
"Do not fear the AI director, for Coach, Louis, and the Holy Chocolate protect all who believe in them."
Pills 2:17
#38andrewman2000Posted 1/24/2013 2:35:55 PM
I've never bought a used game to not support a company.

I have however, not bought a game (many games in fact) that I really wanted to play in order to not support a company.

I have also bought games that I wasn't totally interested in in order to support a company.
---
I'm always thinking one step ahead. I'm like a carpenter ... who makes stairs - Andy Bernard
#39DW2189Posted 1/24/2013 2:38:24 PM
jrr18 posted...
LitCandlez posted...
thesnoopmeister posted...
Nonsense. Name me a single video game company that is a registered charity. Money is all.

Valve cares about their fans and makes money.

True but there dumb I mean how else can you explain them not being able to count to 3?

I laughed.
---
Black FC: 4083-6888-2587
#40Ender_DelphikiPosted 1/24/2013 2:41:03 PM
I am apparently not as fancy as most people. I buy most of my games used, because even five dollars cheaper is money in my pocket. I pay bills now, come on.

I often make a point to buy new for smaller scale developers, to help out. I do know used games hurt the company. Used sales are money to the secondary market, not to the developer. And although I support both, one of them put way more work into the product.