This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever bought a used game just to not support the company?

#61BurgerTime79Posted 1/24/2013 3:30:21 PM
I only buy used when I can't find the game at a price I want to pay new in a condition I want it in.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#62king_maddenPosted 1/24/2013 3:32:42 PM
I buy games im not sure about used, so I can return them.

games ive been looking forward to i buy new. To be honest I didnt even know people did petty things like this until i joined this site. Never thought of games that way. it was either you bought new because you couldnt wait or bought used to save money in my mind.
#63DeepsPrawPosted 1/24/2013 3:33:23 PM
No, but I've *obmitted*ed games before to make that point.
---
oh yeah. i am a dog. i smoke cigarettes and vote democratic because i am classy - the dog
http://youtu.be/foC7lLXFiPc
#64Reginleif20Posted 1/24/2013 3:33:57 PM
I rented DmC
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#65PStrifePosted 1/24/2013 3:50:04 PM
I used to buy new all the time, but since the advent of craptacular game cases, skimpy manuals, and annoying online passes - I buy used as much as possible with certain companies these days.

Spite is a terrible thing to unleash. Given how I used to buy around 95% of my games new last gen and most of this gen. Not looking good for lotsa publishers these days.

If standards are sliding then I will slide with the new crappy standards. Not give money for substandard product experiences.
#66PStrifePosted 1/24/2013 3:55:53 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
...You people do realize used games do NOT hurt a single damn thing, right?

Another ignorant consumer. Your used purchase hurts the developers because it shows that you're willing to buy the game, but not willing to pay the developers. What kind of bull is that?

You must mean the upper management's bonuses decrease. Developers only keep their job if a product only sells well enough, yet that is no guarantee either these days. Since upper management shuts down parts of their company in order to increase their bonuses first.

This is alot more different then your false idealisms are making it be.
#67xelloossPosted 1/24/2013 4:04:13 PM
Most of the time I only buy used if it is an older title that is hard to find or no longer in production.

That, and games that I want to play, but the publisher brings it out here with only the Japanese voice track.... I don't want to give them money, nor pay full price for a lazy/cheap cost cutting measure that lessens my enjoyment of the game...
(On the other hand, games like Tekken tag Tournament 2, where everyone speaks their native language, are fine to me).
#68king_maddenPosted 1/24/2013 4:06:43 PM
PStrife posted...
I used to buy new all the time, but since the advent of craptacular game cases, skimpy manuals, and annoying online passes - I buy used as much as possible with certain companies these days.

Spite is a terrible thing to unleash. Given how I used to buy around 95% of my games new last gen and most of this gen. Not looking good for lotsa publishers these days.

If standards are sliding then I will slide with the new crappy standards. Not give money for substandard product experiences.

thats makes sense, if standards are sliding ill just help them slide so they never get better.

also a used sale could hurt in the overall picture. a million sold looks better to a publisher than 500k bought new and 500k bought used. which could mean less money and fewer oppurtunities in the future for that dev.
#69AwesomePS3gamerPosted 1/24/2013 4:07:44 PM
Yes, every Crapcom game after Resident Evil 5, that was the last Crapcom game I bought new.
#70NightDrifter05Posted 1/24/2013 4:07:57 PM
I tend to buy everything I want new but if it's a game I'm doubtful about I'll wait 2-3 day's and normally it will show up on Amazon used for $10-15 cheaper then anywhere else.